Track operations discussion from FaceBook

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Andrew Marles, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Member

Ted Shannon I have to be up at 1:00AM for pre shift OT so I can't make the show. Can someone bring up that we need to start paying for cornerworkers and train them properly, that crash in turn 5 is proof raceday cornerworking is worth more than trackday help.
    ·
    · Yesterday at 5:13pmRemove
    [​IMG]
    Mike Inosay
    That would work if we always have the same corner workers, not sure if we do or not
    · Yesterday at 5:36pmRemove
    [​IMG]
    Ted Shannon If they are paid enough, they'll return. Trust me on this. And I haven't got to Lordco yet Mikey, I'll go tomorrow and get the skinny on our stuff.
    · Yesterday at 5:42pmRemove
    [​IMG]
    Mike Inosay
    no worries ted [​IMG]:)
    · Yesterday at 5:48pmRemove
    [​IMG]
    Jason Hanson
    Ted I know you're trying to help but your tone doesn't sound very appreciative towards the great help we already have. Iirc the issue you are speaking of had a lot to do with where the corner workers were stationed rather than the actions of the workers themselves.
    ·
    · 13 hrs · EditedRemove
    [​IMG]
    Cameron Tardi
    It's not proof that race day corner working is worth more than track day, both are equally as important. Racing or track day, we can't do it without the corner marshals. They're the most critical people at the track, and while it would be nice to have the same crew every time, even if we pay them, they're casual help. We can't demand the same people come back every time, as much as that would help us out.
    ·
    · Yesterday at 6:50pm · EditedRemove
    [​IMG]
    Ted Shannon Before anyone accuses me of anything have I not always said I'd cornerwork before announcing if I'm needed? I'm all about safety first, anyone who helps out gets points from me, I just want to see all stations staffed, and with capable people so we don...See More

· 8 hrsRemove
    [​IMG]
    Pam Black
    I'm not going to address how, or why things are handled the way they are regarding a crash situation because every incident is different, and every decision made is split second. Race Control decides how to respond to the information that is provided a...See More

·
    · 3 hrsRemove
    [​IMG]
    Ted Shannon No one was in turn five, watch the video. Sorry.
    · 1 hrRemove
    [​IMG]
    Pam Black
    There is no marshal station in turn 5. I don't even really think there's room to stand, therefore, the marshals in turns 4 and 6 cover turn 5.
    · 1 hrRemove
    [​IMG]
    Jacalyn Brown
    Yes. I've been in turn 5 when a bike blew turn 4 and came tumbling towards me. Not really a great place to put a marshal imo
    ·
    · 28 mins

2. *Jay*

*Jay* Member

I would like to see waved starts brought back. Specifically the Formula classic/Lightweight twins race.

shinf and StevieMac like this.
  3. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Steve just passes me on the right ! Lol

That's a tough class to roll as one group. Should be waved start, have done it before, worked well!