Important news regarding the 2012 season at Mission Raceway Park for the WMRC

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Dean, Jan 28, 2012.

1. adam0289

adam0289 New Member

- take the 4 dates
    - on the weekend event WCSS has a saturday trackday.
    - sunday WMRC day is reduced to 1 short morning practice instead of 2 since everyone just rode the WCSS day, this allows time for an additional 600, open race to make for the missed WCC. ( we already run 2 superbikes )
    - this way we still get 2 rounds WCC in one day.
    - riders should be sitting in pre-grid at 9am not in riders meeting (early start)
    - offer 50 percent off sign-up for U.S club members for the whole season.

It would be great to think we will have a WMRC round in the U.S but it is never going to happen. If Mission is you track of choice, take 3 days of work this year and make the best of a 4 race series.
    If WMRC shuts the program down for a year how many racers will be still be here in 2013.
    also who's to say a date might not open up last minute for a 5th round

2. dasein

dasein WMRC 23

Guess it is time to build that stunt bike.

3. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Spero and Adam have a lot of good points between them.

4. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

I'm with this guy. Although, I would prefer to see the Saturday as a half practice day, races start in the afternoon.

5. Don

Don Retired

Yeah, how ironic is that, have a good trip.

6. cookie

cookie Two Smokin'

I have a buddy who could buy the Active Mountain development and finish it with his walking-around money, I should talk with him LOL.

I know tonight's meeting is about saving this season, or not, as the membership decides.

Without knowing the whole story though, the sequence of events seems fishy. How could the SCCBC offer dates without realizing that those dates were not available to them? Since those dates were pre-booked by the drag racers I'd expect the SCCBC rep would have had a calendar with a bunch of "Xs" through the drag racers dates.

Going forward I have to wonder if the WMRC's relationship with the SCCBC is damaged and if there is even a possibility of getting good (weekend) race dates in the future? My theory is that the SCCBC would prefer to rent to car groups - and that perhaps there are more car groups seeking dates now than in the past - and therefore the WMRC is falling farther down the pecking order? I dunno, it's all supposition on my part and probably not much point talking about it.

I'd hope though, that tonight's meeting stays on track and the discussion focuses on the clubs immediate future without a lot of sidetracking into blame, long term plans etc. That is a discussion for another day. See you all tonight.

7. Linda

Linda At last....recognized!!!!

We never know.....you might be feeling a little better later today.....but it's raining hard (sleet....is that how it's spelled?) and I'm afraid I might have some surprises on the Coque......oh well........

8. Bernie

Bernie Ranter Extrodinaire

Meeting comes to order.
    Everybody shouts up while Dean explains the current situation.
    Dean gives the choices available, and opens the floor to a shitshow, I mean discussion.
    a) people vote to save the season, and actually supply the volunteers to properly run a weekday event.
    b) they realise that they're lazy, or just plain can't make a weekday commitment, and vote to avoid weekday events.
    c) ask to run just the one weekend, don't call it a series, practice Saturday, race Sunday/Monday, whatever works.
    d) people lie, ask for all the races possible, and then leave the exec hung out to dry

The short form is, don't tell the exec what to do (they aren't that stupid), tell them what you can 99%-100% commit too. The answer will surface like magic.

9. Jerry

Jerry New Member

I totally agree, Bernie.

I will attend:

Every WCSS event.
    Every WMRC event.
    Every track setup.
    Every track teardown.

I will make very effort to:

Find volunteers.

All of the above is guaranteed so long as I still capable of breathing.

Jerry

10. Don

Don Retired

I do trust that a summary of the meeting will be posted for those of us unable to attend.

11. Simon

Simon New Member

Stop making sense, :rolleyes: :cool:

Get on the phone, get on a bike/car/bus/taxi/rickshaw/horse drawn carriage and get him involved, :D

12. jcathie

jcathie Member

At best you have to chalk it up to simple human error. Somehow those dates weren't blocked out when SCCBC got the calendar from BCCCA.

Going back, the relationship with SCCBC has been strained for literally decades. There's people in SCCBC that strongly support us and there's people that have a big hate on for us. Always has been as far as I can remember (1984-85) and likely always will be.

13. dasein

dasein WMRC 23

Not holding my breath...

14. dasein

dasein WMRC 23

Hey all-
    I am looking for a lift to a skytrain station after the meeting. Anyone?...

15. Reckless

Reckless New Member

We have a season! I am sure one of the executive will post all the details soon.

16. Simon

Simon New Member

Yes, we do, now lets all keep our promises and not make the club regret going forward for the year.

17. ctardi

ctardi Moderator WMRC Exec

Awesome! Wish I could have made it to the meeting.

18. Don

Don Retired

That would be nice.

19. Simon

Simon New Member

In a nutshell, we had a huge turnout, we talked about if we could make it work, we all agreed we could, its going to be tight due to setup on Sunday nights/Monday mornings and tear downs Monday afternoon but we all felt its doable, no silent/secret votes, we all voted yay.

20. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Now why would you say that?

From the meeting last night, I concluded that the exec wants firm commitments.

Do you not agree that is a reasonable request?