Finishing In the Points

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by jcathie, Aug 26, 2023.

1. jcathie

jcathie Member

If you've actually read the rulebook in the past couple years, there's been a wrinkle added to limit how you can get points towards class (and club) championships. I've tried the last couple years to get that rule eliminated but the Rules Committee doesn't agree, so it's still there. I'm not aware of any other organization that has invoked that sort of rule.

The rule as it is currently written specifies you have to see the checkered flag to be in the points. Well, if you have an issue that allows you to get back to Pit lane, there's a way to possibly still score points.

The Sports Car Club calls what I'm going to explain next a Hardship Finish. Here goes ....
    1. DO NOT ENTER THE PITS!!!
    2. Go down Pit lane and STOP BEFORE YOU ARE IN FRONT OF THE RACE CONTROL BUILDING.
    3. After the checkered flag is shown to the race winner, ride or push your bike across the timing loop on Pit lane at the starter's tower.
    4. Exit Pit lane through the gate at Tech.
    5. You have now finished the race and seen the checkered flag.
    6. If you have completed at least half the laps in the race AND if you're in the top 15 finishers, you're in the points.