Zap Strapping Rear Brake Reservoir OK?

Discussion in 'Tech Area' started by Manveer, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Manveer

Manveer New Member

IMG_4730.jpg

hello everyone

I'm thinking of going with the budget option of risers instead of woodcraft rear sets for my bike. The adapter plates I'm looking at don't come with a rear brake reservoir bracket to accommodate for the change in positioning. Would I be able to pass a tech inspection on a race day with the reservoir zap strapped like shown in the picture above?

thanks in advance

2. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

Manveer, the brake reservoir isn't inside the frame protected from a crash. You could relocate it or get a tube type reservoir like below from Marbod at MSpeed. It's worth investing in rearsets because they crash better and fixed pegs are more secure for racing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  3. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

Im not going to answer whether it will pass tech, it's a bit of a close call. I know I would feel better with some safety wire on there as opposed to just some zap straps. I also don't like the location you've chosen. Perhaps it will fit behind the exhaust hanger? Realistically your best option is doing a "rear brake reservoir delete modification" as shown in the example link

http://www.600rr.net/vb/103-03-06-rr/132170-how-rear-brake-reservoir-delete.html

4. Schoey

Schoey New Member

As a tech inspector, I would not pass that.

I suggest doing the delete modification as Jason has mentioned. Because it's not secure, it might catch on your leathers, and if that happens, it will end up a disaster for somebody. That's what we're trying to prevent. Very few racers even use the rear brake, so the fluid doesn't heat up. I haven't used mine in 13 years.

5. Manveer

Manveer New Member

thanks for the input I'll look into the reservoir delete mod

6. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

I use my rear brake and will likely do the delete mod this year.

7. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

Especially for turn 4 :swear: