Yup. Found Another One

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by jcathie, Apr 19, 2012.

1. jcathie

jcathie Member

Who is it? Ted, Ken and Randy should have no problems with this one.

2. KBELL408

KBELL408 New Member

Dr.Dominoe?

3. kingston

kingston New Member

Sorry can't help you with that one , maybe a visiting rider at the national ?

4. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

The pic says Gary somethingorother on the bike. Looks like the last name starts with a P, but it's a hard angle to read.

5. KBELL408

KBELL408 New Member

Well John?Am I right?Gary Parish our very own Dr Domino?

6. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

You have to be right. Now that you said Parish, that's the name on the bike!

7. kingston

kingston New Member

I sort of remember Parrish as #90 but on an RZ350. Maybe that was after i quit in 1987. Is that bike a late 80's GPZ900 with modified swingarm?

8. Mel

Mel Manx Addict

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's Gary and he's on a first-generation ZX-7, and I think he also raced a Ninja 600 that same season.

9. jcathie

jcathie Member

You betcha.

10. jcathie

jcathie Member

I don't remember him racing the ZX-7 and the 600 together; maybe I got wasted and missed that, but ....

Lessee, with the ZX-7 he couldn't get tires the right size for the rear rim and he high sided twice, I believe in Turn 1 as a result. Visa cancelled his sponsorship after the 1990 season. :devil:

The 600 was a year ot two earlier and what stands out for me with the 600 was Lance thought perhaps he had taken a wee bit too much off the head and he was afraid the valves were going to hit the pistons. They didn't, it was a rocket for the first few races and what really blew my mind was the first 750 Production race he led for the first 8 of the 10 laps. On a 'stock' 600 Production bike.

[insert disclaimer]
    That's what I remember from the dim past. Reality may have been something completely different. :D
    [/disclaimer]

11. kingston

kingston New Member

Thats right, Those original ZXR-750's were supposed to be GXR killers, But i'm sure Gary has a differant name for it. Was he running that hopped up 600 in 600 prod. to, can't say i've never done that, but only out of ignorance. When I first started at Westwood i ripped open my air box, took 2 of the 3 layers of head gasket out, people said they could hear me accelerating out of the hairpin from along way away. One day i'll tell the story of Ken and my bike getting protested.

12. ted

ted asshat

Truly one of the best racers/friends I ever made in my years of racing. Gary probably still claims I couldn't pass him with my Gamma while he rode his RZ. Sheesh.........

:)