WMRC....let's rock 2013!

Discussion in 'Ask the Exec!' started by Dean Thompson, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Duncan Fraser

Duncan Fraser New Member

Winning

Without a winning atitude you don't get very far. Trying to bring the best of you into every situation becomes an ingrained habit.

In the last year I have met many people associated with the WMRC that emboby this attribute. The Highest profile motorcycle event on the west coast is the Vancouver Motorcycle Show starting January 17 at the Tradex. This is our opportunity to show the community that we deserve their support. We are envoys for a great sport with an enviable heritage in BC, and, I would like eveyone associated with the sport to bring their best to the show.

I will be in the Honda Canada booth so drop by and say Hello.

Best regards to all and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Duncan Fraser
    Honda Centre Racing

2. highclimber

highclimber New Member

Haha, racing is just in my blood. I was not able to cut it as a pro cyclist so I did the old full time job thing. Now that I am not a poor athlete I want to get back into racing but just on a faster machine.

That would be great if you could help me with some set up. I will send you a message in the new year and we can find a time to meet at the trade show.

Look forward to meeting all you guys at the trade show. Have a good Christmas and New Year.

3. highclimber

highclimber New Member

That would be cool. It could certainly help shorten the learning curve for newbs.

4. Hiener

Hiener New Member

Stoner is retired, I'll request him for my big buddy.

5. tt600

tt600 New Member

myself,and others have shared these same concerns for quite awhile now.awesome suggestions...really believe this is the root of the problem with this club.if i do come out to race with the club...i would be more than happy to help with the new guy's.

6. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Thanks Lu, much appreciated.

7. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

A point from a WMRRA member in reference to their organization: Having a mentor has made ALL the difference in retention of racers (but as we all know there's going to be a lot of attrition regardless due to the usual finances, life changes, injuries, etc...)

8. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

I will (and have) mentor a newer racer if anyone is interested. Just be aware that I split early near the end of the race day to catch a ferry

9. highclimber

highclimber New Member

Hey Dean, I didnt notice your an islander. We should go for a ride this spring?

10. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Yeah sure, I can show you the roads up around my area (Mt Washington is my fave, and Gold River highway is nice). But I warn you now: once you ride track, you rarely go back (to street)!

11. Simon

Simon New Member

And so it starts. For the love of god, just use the stock muffler, the effort and money putting on an exhaust that most likely you'll be taking back off anyhow won't make you any faster as a newbie.

I've offered to mentor people in the past but it never went any further. Its still out there.