WMRC 2013 RACE FEE STRUCTURE *** Now with FEE CAP!!! ***

Discussion in 'WMRC News' started by Jayson, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

2013 WMRC RACE FEES

With the addition of Formula Ultra, other class changes, and the move to using BC Ambulance, we have a new fee structure for 2013.

After reviewing the current fees along with the change to a single Superbike Race, the addition of a Formula Ultra class and reviewing our fee structure from 2012. The Exec felt that, while our fees were in line with some other organizations when compared class to class, we could lower the per day fees for racers running multiple classes and/or multiple bikes. The plan is to get more people running more races and possibly multiple bikes and categories all for less than what you may have been paying last season.

So here's the breakdown:

Med fee will increase to $40/day to cover the increased cost from Life Support BC to BC Ambulance

Formula Ultra will be a $125 class, 15 laps

Superbike will continue at $105, but will now be a single 12 lap race.

F118 will now become Sportsman

The FEE CAP comes in to play for those of you on multiple bikes, or those running multiple trophy classes. We have set the FEE CAP at $260/day including the Med Fee.

for example:
    Superbike $105
    OpenSS $85
    600SS $75
    Med Fee $35
    Total $300

Superbike $105
    OpenSS $75
    600SS $65
    Med Fee $40
    Total $260

Wanna make it really fun??

Formula Ultra $125
    Superbike $105
    OpenSS $75
    600SS $65
    Twins $35
    250 $35
    Med Fee $40
    Still only $260!!!

Please review the attached excel sheet, this is the sheet that will be used at registration and for the online pre-reg.

Thanks
    Jayson

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

BEST

IDEA

EVER

Hopefully this really encourages riders to participate in as many classes as possible.

Jay, could you elaborate on how refund/credits would work under the fee cap system?

3. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Thanks Ryan. Officially rule 17.28 of the 2013 rulebook states " No raceday refunds."

We will discuss this as an exec at the next exec meeting and I will post the outcome of that discussion in this thread. There are a few circumstances that I want to clarify before I post them publicly.

4. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Updates...

At last nights exec meeting we discussed the last race round. One of the concerns was that several people commented that Formula Ultra was too long, almost too drawn out for the spectators. With that in mind it was decided that we would try to shorted Formula Ultra to 12 laps. Being that FU is our premier class this year, it takes over for Superbike, Therefore, Superbike has been reduced to 10 laps. Novice has been increased to 2 10 lap races. Due to the fact that we have shortened the races, I felt that a reduced number of laps required a reduced price for those races.

So, here are the new changes:
    Formula Ultra has been reduced from $125 to $105
    Superbike has been reduced from $105 to $95
    Novice will stay the same at $95.
    All other classes will remain the same price.

Due to the reduction in FU and Superbike, I have lowered the fee cap to $250.

Please understand that this is a trial period. As long as the club is not losing money I will continue to look at the fee structure. Based on how many riders we have and how the club financials are the fees may be adjusted further.

Attached Files: