What a weekend!

Discussion in 'General Racing Chat' started by Ryan Welton, May 22, 2011.

1. Ryan Welton

Ryan Welton No..the other Ryan

I want to thank all the people that made this weekend with the WMRC possible. We had a fantastic and hairy weekend with amazing weather on the Friday with the WCSBS trackday, wet cold racing for those with the BIG balls on Saturday and a mixed day on Sunday with a cold wet morning and a warm dry track for the afternoon. Our visiting moto-brothers and sisters from EMRA and CMRA were class acts and it was a privilage to host the first two rounds of the WCC.

You all rock:

We have volunteers, raceday staff, caterers, corner workers, sponsors, ambulance attendants, club executive, track managers, returning racers, new racers, visiting racers, family, friends and motorcyle enthusiasts to thank for helping us put on a show where we get to be the stars. I will post a few photos soon.

Thank You Everyone. See you at the next round!

Cheers, Ryan

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  2. rustysgsxr

rustysgsxr Rooster

It's always a privilege to be apart of the WMRC. From all the racers, volunteers, exec. Trina and I really appreciate all the hard work and all the friendly people that are the WMRC.

3. crazyfastxxx

crazyfastxxx Pylon

Upset I missed it. Sounded like an awesome weekend. Nothing like testing your skills in all kinds of weather conditions. The WMRC and WCSS always put on great events.

4. urquhart

urquhart New Member

big thanks to all the corner workers for standing out there day after day :)

5. Mel

Mel Road racer

A fantastic job by the cornerworkers, exec's, race officials, volunteers and the racers themselves, who put on a great show in extremely challenging conditions. Great to see you back at Mission, Rusty, and doing so well! Kudos to Ryan for doing the 50/50 draw to help raise money for the club, too.

Hope to be out on the track for the June and/or Aug rounds to enjoy this great club and facility we are lucky to have.

6. Mike87

Mike87 New Member

Thanks to everyone.
    I actually had a better time this year than I did during August.
    I am sorry I coundn't stay and help with the track tear down but my wife had to get to the airport and fly to the other coast for a family issue.
    Any one coming to Edmonton be sure and drop by my pit and say hi.
    Thanks again for a great weekend.
    Michael Cormier
    87x

7. Todd Y

Todd Y New Member

Hi

I would like to add my thanks to the WMRC club, volunteers and WCSBS operators. The hospitality and extra help offered us was appreciated.

I will try spreading the word since I really enjoyed my visit and I had a lot of fun on your track (in the dry). I hope that a good number of you can join us in Edmonton at the July WCC round.

Best regards,

Todd Yakimoski

8. jd.96

jd.96 New Member

Wasnt the best weekend for us cmra guys, all 3 of us crashed at some point during the weekend. Im sure we all had fun though.

I lost the front in turn 4, 4 laps into saturday morning practice. It was such a gentle crash its unreal the frame is cracked on my 10r because of it. I didnt even see it until after I won the int. superbike race on saturday.

I hope to see you guys out in Edmonton for the next wcc round.

9. Peterdensmore

Peterdensmore New Member

Thanks to all

Hello and the greatest thanks to everyone who made last weekend so memorable to myself and my son Sam. That was our first track day but certainly won't be our last. Thanks to Geo , Troy and everonecwho put in so muchbeffort so we could have an experience like we did. We have returned to Whitehorse telling everyone how exceptionally like " northerners" every southerner treated us and we will return to improve our skills and to contribute in any bother way that we can. See you all soon Peter and sam

10. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Moderator

Thanks Ryan for taking all the pictures and for giving me the tips about riding in the rain. Made a huge difference during my race. Looking forward to the next great race day.

11. MyTTwin

MyTTwin New Member

Thanks Dean, Jason and the rest of the WMRC for your hospitality, you guys made our trip a great experience as it was the first trip to Mission for most of us in our group from Edmonton... As fun as it was in the rain we would like to put our order in now for dry and sunshine next time :)

Hope to see you guys in Edmonton for WCC Round 3 & 4

Scott