WCSS says farewell

Discussion in 'General Racing Chat' started by stykman, Jan 4, 2015.

1. stykman

stykman I can't recall

After much discussion and deliberation, we have decided to officially shut the doors on the West Coast Superbike School. It has been an awesome 14 year run but other life commitments make the continued operation of the school an almost impossible task. We looked for ways to keep running but in the end felt we would not be able to put the time and effort into the school that participants would deserve.
    We would like to put out a heartfelt thanks to many, including all of our students and track day participants, and all the instructors and crew who have helped us through the years. We give a special thanks to our fondly remembered friends, Julia and Bog, who were instrumental in the creation and initial operation of WCSS. Also, a special thanks to the Westwood Motorcycle Racing Club, their members and executives, for the monumental support since our inception in 2001.
    We hope to put some sort of racing program together and see you out at Mission Raceway in 2015.

Gio Achionne
    Troy Burstyk

2. jcathie

jcathie Member

Troy and Gio, thank you for everything you have done for the local community.

3. nickridiculous

nickridiculous New Member

+1 For what John said.

I had a great time and learned loads in my new racer school back in 2009. I was looking forward to taking the school again this year since I've been off the track for 5 years. Whoever takes over the racer school will have mighty big Spidis to fill.

4. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Thanks Troy and Gio/Rae! WCSS may be gone, but you guys will always be a large part of the community.