Transponders

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Georgie G, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Georgie G

Georgie G Animal Viking

Hi all and happy new year. Hopefully someone can answer my question regarding transponder compatibility. So which transponders will be compatible with our new timing system?

2. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

AMB only makes 1 kind of car/bike transponder. You want either the older TX260 (Bike Classic Transponder) or the new Bike Flex Transponder, which is either a 1, 3, or 5 year lease.

Either purchase used on ebay or new from mylaps.com

You can *try* the kart transponders, but missing hits with those will cause you to lose the race. With the new system, if your transponder doesn't ping, just like WMRRA and OMRRA, it means you do not score.

3. tt600

tt600 New Member

hey dean,maybe this question should be directed to scott or mike...is the club going to have transponders for rent? if I did have one and im unable to race would the club have a problem with putting mine up for rent?

4. Dean

The club will not have transponders for rent. I believe that is being done by the club vendors, who plan to have transponder for rent.

I can't say for sure, but I believe the plan was to have the same model as OMMRA, which was vendor rented transponders.

5. tt600

tt600 New Member

should I put it under "Ask the exec"? didn't answer my question regarding personally renting mine out? or would you guys get your nickers in a knot....

6. Dean

Oh, I thought you wanted to put in a club pool and have the club rent it for you. Hell yah, you can rent it out. A few times when I went to OMRRA, they said "you using Simon's transponder?", because Simon rented it to me.

7. ryno11

ryno11 New Member

Just a quick question, for the guys coming for the wcc rounds.. is there a plan for those riders? In the past your club has been awesome and have had transponders for rent.. If the vendors run out of rentables and a out of town rider comes.. will there be a back up timing system, or another contingency plan? Looking forward to seeing you all again

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  8. Dean

We have not worked out details for that yet Colin. There is no backup timing system. Many people will have gotten rid of their dbcom stuff by then. I know a few of us plan on using the old transponders as targets at the shooting range :)

9. Wblairlayton

Wblairlayton Faster and Faster

Hi Lu, anyone can rent out their AMB Transponder anytime they like. There is no issue or restriction on this,

Have an Awesome New Year,

Hope to see you soon,

Best regards, Blair

10. tt600

tt600 New Member

thanks dean and blair...felt it is the right thing to do...is ask.didnt want to step on any toe's.you and marbod and others pay for your space....

11. Wblairlayton

Wblairlayton Faster and Faster

:) No Problem Lu, I am planning on SV Racing Parts having units there and available for Club Members to rent as well,

So let me know if yours is available from time to time and I will do what I can to make it easy for you. Rusty will probably need one on his trips out this season,

Best regards,
    Blair

12. Paulchen

Paulchen New Member

SO do we get new timing system? and what am i going to do with my other 4 dbcom transponders?

13. jcathie

jcathie Member

We have a new timing system. You can use your dBcom transmitters for target practice or sell them privately.

14. Dean

I'd like to remind people that this timing system was announced at our last race weekend, and has been talked about at every general meeting the WMRC holds. Details can also be found in our minutes for those meetings, which have been posted. You will have 5 months to find transponders. The nice thing is, all our closest neighbors use them, so you may be able to find them used at WMRRA, OMRRA, WERA, and other race organizations.

15. ryno11

ryno11 New Member

It doesn't sound like rusty will be racing this season :(

16. jcathie

jcathie Member

Bummer. I look forward to Rusty's visits. I always wonder if he can ever doing anything more spectacular than planting grass divots on top of the Turn 4 easy-up.

17. tt600

tt600 New Member

Can't fault the club for this one....they have been talking about this for a long time....

18. Paulchen

Paulchen New Member

Off course! Its been on agenda for long time.
    Just newbie don't check often on wmrc website and not many remind from club to new racers....
    Now IT's confirm... I will get one and sell dbcoms..
    Club better have lots for rental this season becasue i have few more people r renting and race the 250's
    Since I will only have 1 expensive amb. Transponder..

19. Paulchen

Paulchen New Member

BTW Mylap Mx works? Or need x260 model?

20. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Need the 260X model. RC4, 160X, MX don't work.