Trackdays at Area27!!!

Discussion in 'Racing Elsewhere' started by spero, Mar 5, 2015.

1. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

I know some of you didn't think this was going to happen but.......

Who wants to ride at the soon to be built Area27 in Oliver, BC?

I know there will be lots of questions, so here's all that I know at this point:

A friend of mine, who is an Area27 member, is considering hosting trackdays and wants me to partner with him. At this point we need to gauge the amount of interest there is in order to proceed.

If there is sufficient interest, we would be able to hold 2 "double headers" for the 2016 season, likely consisting of 1 full weekend and a Fri-Sat or Sun-Mon.

The cost of a trackday would be $290. We would run 3 groups of 20min each and would also have rider coaching available within each group.

So who's interested?

Also, hopefully we can find a way to hold some WMRC races there....maybe as a support race for CSBK or even the Canadian round of WSBK!...okay I may be reaching a bit, but who knows?

2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

super interested.

3. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

Interested

4. Georgie G

Georgie G Animal Viking

Interested !

5. raveracer

raveracer New Member

Super interested! Would be interested in coaching as well!

6. Brett

Brett Twin Brothers Racing WMRC Exec

Interested

7. HWY99

HWY99 Team Green

Interested

8. ryno11

ryno11 New Member

I would tow from Calgary for it

Thad.K likes this.
  9. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

10. GaryM.

GaryM. Live and uncensored

I'm in for that venture!

11. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

There are 3 possible dates for the site tour:
    - May 10th (not likely being Mother's Day)
    - June 7th
    - June 14th

Again, everyone is invited to come out. Let's show Area 27 management that motorcycle riders are excited about this.
    Also, Sport Rider Senior Editor Andrew Trevitt will likely be joining us!!

Check this out:
    [video=vimeo;122344234]https://vimeo.com/122344234?utm_source=Contacts&utm_campaign=e9dd0e9c17-Site_tour_recap_and_2015_rally&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_31ac65bd28-e9dd0e9c17-96417941[/video]

12. nickridiculous

nickridiculous New Member

Interested!

13. Schoey

Schoey New Member

Sign me up!

14. tt600

tt600 New Member

not sure what u would be looking at??? there's a cornfield their right now.

15. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

The layout of the track.
    It has been staked out and we'll drive it and have Area 27 President Bill Drossos and track designer Jacques Villeneuve talk about the layout and answer any questions.
    I'm personally very excited to meet Jacques!!

16. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

I spoke with Area 27 President Bill Drossos and confirmed the site tour for all of us is on......

Sunday, June 7th at 1:00pm

Please spread the word and let's get as many people out there as we can to show Area 27 management that there is a big demand for motorcycle trackdays/racing!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  17. moeracing

moeracing New Member

Will be there

18. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

HERE WE GO!!

November 30, 2015

Dear Area 27 Member,

I am pleased to announce that Lake Excavating is mobilizing heavy equipment to the Area 27 site and construction will commence soon, weather permitting. Since our November 1st lease signing, Trevor Seibert and his team have been working hard securing crossing permits, engineering cuts and fills, run-off areas, pits and paddocks, and have just completed digging a series of test holes. Items like sight lines, spectator viewing areas, and access roads are incorporated into the design with a high degree of attention to detail with focus on function and aesthetics. Our goal is to create the best possible facility, something all members will be proud of. In the coming weeks we will update the website with a new track page, featuring frequently updated construction information and images.

I am also happy to report we have only 1 spot left of the original 100 Charter Memberships and have received more than 40 signed Regular Membership applications. If you have a friend or associate who might be interested in that final Charter spot please have them contact me to confirm availability. We are in the process of finalizing club bylaws and the membership agreement for the newly formed Area 27 Motorsports Society. You will receive your membership agreement, society bylaws, and track rules and regulations package early in 2016. The year ahead is shaping up to be an exciting one for motorsport enthusiasts as we work toward completion of the track.

Finally, it is my privilege to invite you to our Groundbreaking Ceremony. To mark this historic occasion we are planning a group photo with Chief Clarence Louie, and Area 27 Members. The event will take place at the Area 27 Site on Wednesday December 16th at 2:30pm. Please let me know if you can attend.

Happy Holiday Season,

Bill Drossos
    Area 27 & SOMC President

I can’t wait to ride it!!

19. Wblairlayton

Wblairlayton Faster and Faster

Sounds like Fun Spero, I am in for a trip to Area 27 :)

See you soon,
    Blair

20. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

The Area 27 Groundbreaking Ceremony was awesome! The drive out was better than expected, beautiful sun and the highway was mostly bare.

There was about 100 people at the ceremony including a Global News crew (the story might air today). Just like at the Area 27 Rally this past summer, 3 of the members flew their own private helicopters in and landed at the site...too cool! I so want to get my pilots license!!

Area 27 President Bill Drossos, OIB Chief Clarence Louie, track constructor Trevor Seibert and the other founding members gave a presentation with a handful of big Lake Excavating heavy equipment as the backdrop. It was very impressive. There was an Indian drum beat ceremony to bless the project and then the crome plated shovel came out and Bill & Clarence officially broke ground. Unfortunately, track designer Jacques Villeneuve couldn't be there as he's currently racing at a Formula E event in South America. I can't wait to meet him!

It was great to catch up fellow motorcycle riders Darren James of Ruthless Racing, Marcel Irnie, Shane Nolan & Adrienne Friesen.

There was an Area 27 Christmas Party planned for later that evening in Osoyoos but we unfortunately had to come back home earlier than expected.

I am so impressed with the people involved with the project! Trevor Seibert is a long time car racer and owner if Lake Excavating, to have someone like him heading up construction is a dream come true! They will be moving dirt around over the winter in order to be fully prepared to pave the track & paddock in the spring.
    I can't wait to spin my first laps in 2016!!!! <- Look J, more than 2 exclamation points ;-)

Keep an eye on the website for updates: www.area27.ca