Trackday bike prep requirements

Discussion in 'Rule Book Proposals' started by Andrew Marles, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Moderator

Nov 8, 2010
    I think that we should consider making a couple of changes to our trackday bike prep requirements.

1) Oil drain plug should be siliconed. People often re-use the crush washer, and when you do the drain plug is much more likely to spin itself loose. Silicone is easy to apply, and when removed leaves no trace that the bike was tracked, unlike drilling for safety wire.

2) No gopros on helmets at trackdays. Lipstick cams only. This one is easy to enforce.

3) No aftermarket oil filters. Maybe this one is a little harder, but I think with all the problems it is best to just say no. Worth discussing.
  2. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Aug 11, 2013
    1. The oil drain plug is easy, can always ask a racer to borrow silicone. Easy change.

2. Bike mounted front cams or rear cams on bodywork. Easy.

3. OEM oil filters only. Easy.

Simple changes to Rule book for all. I am sure the rest of the Rules commitee shall agree.
  3. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Dec 8, 2005
    I don't agree with the oil filter ban. The only problems reported have been with K&N, and those are the filters being banned.

I would have a no K&N filter, but that's where a ban should end.
  4. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

Dec 2, 2010
    I would agree to ban k&N oil filters with the problems that have been seen. Hiflo filters are aftermarket and don't fail. Silicone the drain bolt on a street bike is easy enough to enforce so I would agree with that as well. POV cams are everywhere, what is the specific reason to not allow them on the helmet?
  5. bigga_boy

bigga_boy Livin' The Dream WMRC President

Oct 12, 2008
    i think the camera thing is mounting them like an outrigger on the helmet.
    chin bar mount or flush to the side of the lid is ok, just not sticking out like 3-4"
    my 2c

ban K&N for sure for racing, but for trackdays might be hard to do, but we can put it out on social media,hand outs and at riders meeting