Track Day Schedule?

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by overdraft, May 4, 2015.

1. overdraft

overdraft too slow to race

Hi! This year's bike will make the sound limit so I'm going to try and do some track days!
    Question is, when's the riders meeting? and is Tech open all day to re-tech crashed bikes?
    I ask because I can't get to the track until maybe, 9:30ish
    Thanks!

2. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

This year we are allowed to have the track go green at 8:30am so I imagine Rider's Meeting should start by 8:00am. Someone from the WMRC Executive will likely confirm this soon.

Tech is open all day.
    Just so you know, it's located by the Timing/Scoring building in the morning but once the sessions start it's located at Chief Tech Inspector Rob Shoemeyer's pits which is very close by.

Maybe another option for you is to come to the track the night before and camp at the track or stay in a hotel. I've stayed at the Best Western which is less tha 2min away a number of times.

We start Track Setup at 6:00pm and the more people that help out the faster it gets done.
    If we get done early enough we'll have a few WMRC New Racer Instructors give those interested a turn by turn analysis of the track as a reward for helping with setup.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  3. overdraft

ya, i have to pay $143 for the ferry so adding another $125 for a hotel makes it pretty expensive... i'm almost at $300 BEFORE i pay whatever the trackday fees are... so the question stands... if i get there as soon as i can travelling on the first ferry of the day, which i'm guessing is around 9:30, will i be allowed to run?

4. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Moderator

Yes, you will be allowed to run the trackday. We definitely appreciate some advance warning that you're coming and will be late, but there is more flexibility on the trackday since the schedule is less regimented.

We even got Andre in the grid for Sunday races when he was going to be late, but I guess he ended up not running. For the racing as long as you let us know in advance it is not a surprise and we can plan for it (ie, check you into trackintel, which is less easy after morning registration is closed).

And yes, tech is open all day.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  5. overdraft

awesomesauce! thanks andrew!