Thanks everyone - The Ride to Conquer Cancer is done for 2010!

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by thumper 8, Jun 22, 2010.

1. thumper 8

thumper 8 corner worker / photog

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here who donated to the Ride to Conquer Cancer again this year. Huge thanks to everyone from WMRC, Nancy's Pitt Meadows Track Days and Troy's WCSS Track Daze who bought a photo or two and made a donation to help fight cancer.

Special thanks to Nancy and Troy for allowing me to shoot photos at their events and raise money for a very worthy cause.

The ride itself was fun - Saturday from Guildford to Mt Vernon and Sunday from Mt Vernon down to Seattle (in pounding rain :tongue:). Much faster this year... the rain dampened the socializing this year a bit.

The great news is the my team raised over $111,000 so far - with more donations trickling in. The whole event raised over $9,000,000 and counting.

Thanks again to everyone and I have already signed up for next year...

2. TommyO

TommyO Daytonut

Congratulations to you and your team, Tony!......Great job on your ride and also a big Thanx for the awesome job you do at the track preserving all those memorable moments of the racers'!........Cheers, M8!........:bow:;):)

3. Nancy

Nancy Practice Racer

Excellent news Tony!! That's an amazing amount of money that your team raised... and you're welcome.

Did you hear me cheering you on at the beginning of the race? :)

4. thumper 8

thumper 8 corner worker / photog

Yep, I realized it was you cheering just as I was zipping past - I did wave but I was a bit past you by then. Saw Anthony B. cheering somewhere in the States on Sunday too.

I got stuck a bit at the start so decided to pass everyone before the border. I was in the last third at the start but in the first 50 bikes through the border. Like any group ride (bike or motorcycle), it is safer to be at the front with the quicker (hopefully safer?) riders.

See you in a few days, and thanks again...

5. Bernie

Bernie Ranter Extrodinaire

Congrats Tony, job very well done.