tesla

Discussion in 'Tech Area' started by V-2-power, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Trust me new technology doesn't scare me. I'm full trained in electric and hydrogen propulsion units and I understand how the bike moves. What I'm saying is that mixing a new type of technology with a very different riding style may make for a dangerous situation on the race track. Controlling that much torque with a small tire will be very difficult for an inexperienced rider. I understand drive by wire completely, I've been dealing with it on a daily basis for several years. How the rider manages that much torque is my concern. My other concern is how well the bike is constructed. You're correct that an electric bike is far more complex and expensive than a supermoto. A bike that is built cheaply will be a liability on the race track, if it gets that far.

I don't think anyone is scared. I just don't think we need to worry about changing rules and classes until someone actually has even 1 bike that is ready to make laps.

2. thumper 8

thumper 8 corner worker / photog

3. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

wow, here is a quote:

In the Open class, for machines built within a ?30,000 budget, Dan Kneen – one of the rising stars at this year’s TT – lapped at an average speed of 70.677mph, his Team ManTTx Racing entry leading the class home.

30k pounds sterling! That's a $46000 bike! Again, if we can't even get people to spend $3000 on a bike to race, how are we going to get people to race $40,000 bikes?

4. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

i see looks like europeans are way more passionated than norht amercans.we have some classes than ppl.build own frames,forks,swing arms in the back yard go on track and win the race,it was one team thay build own engine and thay won europ.champ.ship. to be honest it was a girl who won the title.she was racing after that in 250 cc gp word champ.class (bed result @all)building own custom race bike is not building space shutle.i have my 2 unique projects @ the moment so it is imposible to start one more.i have to chack maybe rednekistan have elect.class and see what ules thay have.
    cheers

5. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

yes i`m going to build that bike don`t worry.i want have problem to switch my european licence to ama or cdn with 14 years of expert eu open class.
    i see you are head tech insp.2008 i was first time @ mission to check it out and to see my class i use to race i see on wmrc web 88db live with it.2008
    was a black buell i can`t remember # but it was louder than anything else on track,to make sure i`m right i have db meter and i checked again and i was right.i checked after race bike it has modifide muffler but intake was open.can you explain mistery ?could be possible than some one is closing one eye by a friend or what?
    cheers

6. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

yeson budy you are full trained in electronic and hydro.propolusion than don`t ask me how simlpest things on this planet work.if i have time i made it on paper and sent to you.
    this corona goes to you cheers

7. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

ppl.talking way to much seling tham self and the product thay can say it cost 50000 but is it true?most expensive parts are litium batt.
    my good it is begining of new era in motorcycle racing,it is grate and i love it.
    i could probabely build one for less than 10000$ with out any problems,i know
    you thing now 3000$-250 kawa thing.but i`m very positive and optimistic orianted person.
    any way i have tryded and who knos may be thing can change in 2 years.
    cheers

8. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Insulting, trolling, no real identity on user not, apparently not a WMRC member.

I suggest you come to a meeting in person "mr. tesla", until then, this thread is closed.

Perhaps Rednikstan has a forum for you to pontificate on while you enjoy a corona.

Cheers,

Mr. President.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.