tesla

Discussion in 'Tech Area' started by V-2-power, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

hi guys, i`m just curios what do you think about electric powered race bikes.?
    i use to race back in eu. thunder cup (v-2 only, full prototype) and now my right hand is scratching again (do not think any dirty stuff, ok)and i`m thinking to get back on track.electric class would be cool.just imagine 130 Nm in 1 sec with full motec tc. would be fun :) .how could this work, no carbon frames,brakes,swing arm, rims, max.70 Nm electric motor output.magnesium stuff
    only with x-ray check out and anything else free, that would be really cool.
    sooner or later electric bikes going to be normal.
    would like to write more gf is coling.
    sorry for my english

ciao dejan

2. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

If you can get 8 bikes that want to race, we will certainly make it a class at the WMRC.

3. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

i thing we should first talk about this electric bikes cos it is something new and
    many do not understand potential of this bikes.
    cost factor is definitive less then gas engines and power output same as big bikes, for 3-5000 you can get monster engine, and we do not need to talk about
    how much it can cost a good race rady ssp engine.
    repl. batterys every 3 years for a couple grand is better than rebuilding engines
    every season 2-3 times.

you saying "if you put 8 bikes on start line we can make a class" !
    don`t be so bullhead lets do it together we can be the first in canada event. north america having fantastic race class future friendly.
    if supermoto started in eu every one over see was loughing,streetfighter exactly the same way.now eu boys starting with high tech electr. bikes.
    ppl have to try to understand slowly the next step.
    next step, something new allways scared ppl.cos they do not know and understand what is all about.

have a good night guys, my cold corona just colled me .

4. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

zdravo,yes you 100% right tesla neva build a bike, i just choose his name cos he`s electronic genius of century.
    my point is than wmrc should make 2 green classes (electric powerd bikes)
    example class 1= converting regular race bike in to electric with max.output of
    50-60 Nm motor.what you need for all season is tires, brake pads, extra set of batteries and generator, there is no oil,no race gas, no engine rebuild, no diffrent race set ups for different tracks etc etc.
    class 2= full prototypes bikes.
    time is changing very fast.

http://green.autoblog.com/2009/06/24/fim-to-launch-a-new-electric-motorcycle-racing-series-in-2010/

Attached Files:

5. Simon

Simon New Member

I don't see the need for a new class, figure out the potential and stick him in a class.

6. Dean

HA! "Figure out the potential"! Simon, I didn't think you were an electric geek ;)

7. Bernie32

Bernie32 Free Highside Demoes

Those look really NEAT! I'll race anything.

8. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

well this is funny, ok think this way 2 more classes would means more registration (more $$ for club) more racers (more fun for ppl)more buissieness for everyone.;)
    hmmm about potential is really hard to say right now:laugh::laugh:

9. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

If you have 8 racers and race in the electric class @ 100.00 ea that's 800.00 for the club. If you don't have your own class and you enter F118, that's 8 racers @ 100.00 ea = 800.00 for the club.

So it doesn't really matter what class you race as long as you race. Simon is right. Bring the bike out to the track, do a few laps, see what times you turn on it and then find a class that fits. If you have two batteries in it, it's probably eligible for Battle of the Twins :)

The way to get people interested is to show up with it, ride it and promote it in the paddock area. You know the old saying... Monkey see, monkey do!

cheers
    alex

10. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

well it want work that way you guys think, why?potential big sponsors,race organisations,media etc.etc want to see a profesional profitable world class clean racing.
    there is no way to mix electric bikes with gas bikes just doesn`t make sense.
    imagine someone comes to mission race way and is 2 sec faster than track record.what other teams going to do is boycote race cos it is not fare right !
    ppl can get many info. online and please forget what old monkeys and micky mouse saying:):) we don`t have 1 canadian racer in international motorcycle racing,why? time is changing fast,elctr.bikes are @ this point behind gas bikes
    but only @ 1 point, this is live of battery or lets say range.battery manufactors working hard to make best and most powerfull batteries.imagine a modern gas engine to bring to the max.power output to have a nice straight line from bottom to the top it takes lot of work but elect.motor just need lots of volts to do the same job and instantly .

11. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

We only have so much track time in a given day. If you give electric bikes their own class, you need to either combine other classes together or cancel other classes to make the time.

I'm not against electric bikes at all, but until even 1 shows up to race, it's sort of a moot point.

12. urquhart

urquhart New Member

but he is giving a lot of happy faces... :) :) so lets let him tell you all how to run a local race club a wee bit longer...k?

13. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

just seat back relax,stay cool enjoy the show and think positive.:):):)

14. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

ok, no one on this planet is going to build a race bike without any existing rools.
    so far situation looks not bad 2 ppl.want to race and "mr.president"likes too and is willing to do some changes,fantastic !so far i can see from 2002-2009 classes has bin changed yearly,novice class for example i do not understand why?racers go to scool to learn how and what and if thay get a licence there is no room for extra class.if we make ours driver licence government do not give us a extra lane for new driver.lets start making world class locar race club and who knows in some years we may have 1 or more international cdn racers.i would say for a year 2012 classes to be named.
    SBK-GP
    SSP-GP
    SENIOR SBK
    JUNIOR SSP
    OPEN SSP
    TESLA SPORT
    BC-SSP
    main thing is sbk,ssp and tesla sport (electric class must have own class)
    for all others is play room for diffrent classes.
    for tesla-sport imagine how grate would be building with friends a full prototype race bike for a long lasting low cost grate fun and future friendly.
    make it real for 2012 if you want to talk fill free to pm me and do not understand me wrong, i`m fighting here alone for a good thing i have nothing
    against you all i just speak my mind if some one is pissed off well i`m sorry.
    for a new things sometimes takes time ppl.have to understand 100% what is all about and not to be scared from new staff.like i sad before in EU supermoto existing more than 20 years ago do not waste time with tesla sport:)

15. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Sorry, but I really don't see why any club would rearrange all their classes and rules for a bike that no one has ever seen or heard of before. I think that if you want to make this a reality you need to build one and start bringing it out to track days or at the very least a Taste Of Racing session.

Your idea of having a rider not go through the Novice class will be met with a flat NO. EVERY rider goes through novice to gain experience. An electric bike makes no difference, in fact I think it would be worse as the rider would be learning to race with a bike that rides different than anything else on the track.

You're very opinionated, and seem to feel that everyone should listen to your ideas and ways of doing things. Yet you have brought nothing to the table yourself. Don't get me wrong, I think electric bikes will exist and they will race in the future, but to think that any organization will make massive changes to their rules and structure just to accommodate your ideals is reaching.
    Again, this is just my opinion and not necessarily that of the WMRC, it's executive or it's members. I have nothing against you or your ideas, I just speak my mind and if someone is pissed off we'll I'm sorry. For new things to happen sometimes people have to jump in and build them for everyone else to see.

16. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

i know my english is not perfect but i try again.rearranging classes and names and rules has bin made from 2002-2009 it is nothing new,it is only making a new class and than ppl.should understand and accept with some advantages.in a 500
    cc time thay get notice 3 years to do there changes for a new era,and no one else has build anything before !
    i did not say no novice i just sad new name junior ssp just sounds better to me but you can call it amater,novice,sportsman etc.etc.
    i don`t know why would electric bike ride diffrent on track than anything else exept without sound.?
    you do not know me personaly you can not say i`m opinionated all i want is a new class sometimes you have to agressive a bit to reach goal,like anything else in live.
    what i brought nothing to table,what do you want?chevapchichi and beer or something else.? just kidding.if i want to know i ask!
    electric bikes exist and thay race!
    no one is talking here from massive changes!
    For new things to happen sometimes people have to jump in and build them for everyone else to see.
    well that is tricky part of it building a bike,if i do than every one can make the same and thats not good.

17. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Here's the way I see it. You want a new class for bikes that generally don't exist in large numbers. Yet we have trouble filling grids on a rain weekend. It takes 8 bikes to make a class and as of yet we have not seen even 1 electric bike that is fully functional.

As for an electric bike riding different than a gas powered bike, you need to think of the general dynamics of shifting and braking and how they are different between electric and gas machines. Electric motors for 1 produce instant torque at 0 rpm, how you manage that power when you're leaned over on the side of the tire is going to be totally different from gas to electric. An electric bike will need to have some form of regenerative braking in order to be able to compete at high loads for race distances, therefore braking will be quite different from a gas powered machine. Try riding a 2 stroke, an inline 4, and then v-twin bike and you will quickly understand how different they ride. I can only imagine just how different an electric bike will be.

I think the only way you will get anywhere with your plans are to either find or build a bike and get it to the track for people to see. You repeatedly reference how supermoto started in Europe. I would bet money that it didn't start on a small local race club website, someone, somewhere built one and started riding or racing it and everyone else jumped on board from there.

18. V-2-power

V-2-power Guest

i don`t know how many years you are in buisiness but what i know is you are very sceptical about new class becose of less tech.knoledge or no interesse or what ever.i will explan you how simple and efective is the electric motor.you are worry about shifting and braking and power out put,well electric is much much better.electric motor for 1 produce instantly torque from 0 1/min. yes you right how to manage the power is very simple basicly you managing your volts output by potenciometer ppl.call it drive by wire .
    regener.brake power want exist in bikes @ least not race bikes for sure.
    abaut supermoto i realy don`t know how it started,but what i know for sure
    is installing 17" wheels on dirt bike and mickey mousing braket for brake caliper
    is not big deal.building bike is way more chalenging and requre a good techn.knoledge.

i just hope ppl.doesn`t geting scared here.

good night

19. Dean

Actually, it's simple math here. We can hardly get enough people to race to make it financially feasible with ready made gasoline bikes, let alone, one off electric bikes that are not mass marketed.

We've been in business 50+ years and are a small club that gets it's only source of revenue from racers. What you are asking for, is for us to reserve track time for bikes that are not even built yet. As I stated before, you get 8 people to race electric bikes, and we will reserve a spot for you. With 8 bikes or more, it becomes financially possible for us to allow those bikes in a separate class. We speak purely from a business approach. It's not skeptical, it's purely business to keep our club alive.

Now, if you know of an electric bike builder, that would like to sponsor our club with a donation of $5000 or more, we can seriously start to talk. If not, as Jayson has stated, build one, show others what it is like, generate interest in it, and others will follow.

We are having trouble getting racers to race a Kawasaki 250, which is a $3000 bike in a spec class. There are a massive amount of parts for those bike and we've waived the minimum requirements to race that bike. What makes you think that racers are going to be keen to build an electric bike that will possibly cost a lot more with not a lot of aftermarket parts readily available?

We can keep discussing this over and over, but until you show a working, racing electric bike that wants to race at Mission, I think what we've offered is the best we can do for now.

20. Simon

Simon New Member

I try, lol.

It would, your right, so get cracking, get those bikes built, :D

No one is scared, we have a formula that works and damn straight we are skeptical. As mentioned, its hard enough to fill grids when you can race for next to nothing, yet we constantly hear how you can't ride fast on the street anymore as the po po is putting the man down! We have a fully functional, safe track, costs are reasonable where you can go as fast as you want, literally yet we have a hard time getting new members and keeping the current membership. :(

So, build the bike, get a novice license, we'll find you some class's to race in and we'll take it from there. DEAL? Oh, and if you can ride 2 sec's faster than the lap record, then, :bow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.