Supermoto at Mission

Discussion in 'General Racing Chat' started by ~r*c~ryder~, Feb 20, 2010.

1. ~r*c~ryder~

~r*c~ryder~ New Member

Hi all,
    I currently race in the RPM series, but have really been interested in the roadracing deal for some time. I spoke to a few people out at the motorcycle show, and was interested in all the details for running a supermoto in the roadracing classes, and which classes, and also what additional bike prep has to be done:) I'm sure I will end up with a prim and proper 6hunnie to run.. but gotta start somewhere.. right?:devil: cheers, any and all info is GOOD! ~ Ryan rpm 771

2. Bernie32

Bernie32 Free Highside Demoes

I'm racing my RMZ450 supermoto but the biggest concern is getting the bikes under the db level. My FMF Q4 has yet to blow over but a stock can would be WAAAAY over. Gear wise you'll need....and want due to the speed down the straight, to use a full face road race helmet. Gio, Dr.Vu, Norm, and Warren will also be out.

3. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

To race SuperMoto in any class other than the Supermoto class (which was canceled at the rules committee meeting), you need to safety wire the bike as per our rulebook. Luckily, Supermotos no longer require a belly pan, but if you can fashion one, all the better. Sound is hardest to make at Mission. But if you can do that, and meet all safety regulations as outlined in our rulebook (axle bolts, exhaust hangers, rad caps, caliper bolts, etc) must all be safety wired. Banjo bolts on brakes may be siliconed instead.

Just make sure your bike is UNDER 88db, and you'll be good to go. For classes that you qualify for, check the rulebook for them. The changes made this year, do limit the amount of runs a Supermoto can enter, because we only really had 2 of them running last year. I think F118, and Middleweight Twins will be it. Of course, this would be your Novice year with WMRC, so you'd only get to race in the Novice class for this year. RPM members have to pass our Race school in order to enter full WMRC classes.

4. ~r*c~ryder~

~r*c~ryder~ New Member

That's good info to know, so as far as lockwiring everything, basically..
    oil drain plugs, brake mount adapters and calipers... I have also have a stock wr muffler to get me through sound, and completely WCSS racer training in 2008, i lost the card though..and then basically all leathers, and road race gear sounds good! So in novice do those classes still exist as far as twins, f118 etc or is it just "novice" thanks for info guys, Bernie I think we spoke at the motorcycle show briefly.. will we see you at the RPM series as well?.. cheers, Ryan:)

5. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Yeah, Novice is just Novice for your first year. But since you've already taken the school, you just have to purchase our license, and then get a number and you'll be good to go. Leathers are a must for the track. You will get much higher speeds at Mission than at tradex, and if you went down, you'll need the extra skin leather provides.

6. Rick

Rick Old Guy

Welcome Ryan, for the smaller bore novice bikes I prefer to run you with similar machines.

The novice class is usually stacked with older 600's etc, and although you can be competitive with some of those bikes, by letting you run with the other SM bikes I feel you will learn more. The braking markers and corner entry's can be completely different on a SM bike so you will progress faster by following the likes of Geo etc. in the Middleweight twins class.

This goes for other smaller bikes like Suzuki SV's as well.