Suggestion for next race weekend

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Ryan Whittle, May 4, 2015.

1. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

First off, I think the executive, race day staff and volunteers deserve a huge round of applause for running such a timely race weekend. I don't remember ever being as on time/ahead of schedule in the 10 years I've raced with the club.

What I would like to suggest is that instead of using up the time that we were ahead of schedule by taking longer breaks for bike pickup and lunch, could we maybe have some extra tracktime at the end of the day?

Marbod and I were thinking (don't worry, we were wearing helmets so as not to hurt ourselves) and thought that maybe a lightweight and a heavyweight class to end the day? Perhaps as a way of getting extra value to the riders, if you had already bought 2 classes this class would be free.

Maybe even a lightweight/heavyweight team mini endurace race (25 or 30 minutes) with 2 rider teams consisting of a heavyweight and a lightweight bike with names drawn out of a hat to form the teams?

Just something to think about to get a bit more tracktime and keep the action going on the track. Since it would be a free class, if we got behind on schedule it would be easy to cut instead of shortening the other races.

2. nickdudziak

nickdudziak New Member

I Like The team endurance idea.

3. Keith Robinson

Keith Robinson New Member

It helped a lot that you guys rode well and we didn't have to pick up many bikes (or riders!).
    Extra races were discussed and will certainly be considered next race. The problem of course is that if there were some 'issues' in the last race of the day then we would have difficulty scheduling such extra races.
    Looking forward to next race weekend with more riders and same great weather!!

4. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

totally agree Keith. that's why I thought a free if you have already bought 2 classes fun type of class would be interesting. I thought it would be fun to have Spero randomly teamed with Nick Goodall, Bez with one of the Hanson's, etc. with the teams chosen at random.

Not sure how logistics would work, but it would be entertaining! Hell, we could do a 3 legged race at lunch to determine gridding!

5. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

That would be fun!
    It could also help less experienced racers with their bike setup.

6. nickridiculous

nickridiculous New Member

Hahaha bike setup?! I put gas in it, that's my "setup".

So yeah, I could get behind this!

7. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

Are you serious Nick?!! You need to set the Sag on your bike ASAP!! Then adjust the Rebound & Compression. I'll be more than happy to help bro.

8. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

Wait what.....we are supposed to put gas in the bike:confused: And what is this magical SAG you speak of Spero?

9. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

Lol!! I'm betting that you'll never make that mistake again Jay!

Hey Nick, I put a post on BCSB offering those who come help with track setup either a turn-by-turn analysis of the track or a suspension seminar where we'll set up someone bike for them. If you're going to be there maybe we'll do it on your bike. Just make sure you have the spanner wrench or whatever you need to adjust preload on the shock.

10. nickridiculous

nickridiculous New Member

Thanks for the offer Spero.

I'll be at track set up, but unfortunately my bike probably won't be. I do understand how to set sag though, so I'll take care of that before Rounds 3 and 4. It was on the list before last weekend but it got bumped down by other stuff like numbers and making sure my belly pan wasn't going to fall off.

I am definitely keen for the turn by turn analysis of the track. Some corners I have a rough idea a of where the apexes are supposed to be and some... not so much! :D

11. seandcontracting

seandcontracting Smile!

Three legged race! I think that is brilliant! I'll run heavyweight, anyone need an old guy on an old bike? :)

12. khai_

khai_ New Member

SAG is GAS spelled backwards - so if GAS makes the bike go...