So what's the deal with sponsorship?

Discussion in 'General Racing Chat' started by Bernie32, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Mel

Mel Road racer

Thanks very much, Bernie. I'm currently in the midst of trying to gain some sponsorship support so I can race this season and you've provided some great advice here.

2. Bernie32

Bernie32 Free Highside Demoes

I do quiet a bit of sponsorship and as the economy has changed so has the sponsorship and the way of doing things. With all my motocross teams I get 'Race reports' after every race. With Kawasaki things are very uniform and 'Team like' for all the kids racing. We sponsor the bike, parts, Specific gear, we (Chris from Kawi) want to see report cards from school, and the kids have to work one hour at a show, open house or display........if they don't like it.....go find another team.

With all the technology available today the use of Websites, facebook, twitter etc you can really push your sponsors' name. Send customers to their store, product or be a refferal on selling a bike or even a service. It just boils down to what are YOU doing for them or how are you going to help them. If you think you're giving them a 'Tax right off' .....think again. Unless you're a 'Steve Crevier' you can't just let your throttle hand do the talking.

Attached Files:

• cp.jpg
      cp.jpg
      File size:
      73.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  3. MadManx

MadManx Living a dream

Re

I haven't raced WMRC (yet), Our WMRRA season ended in Oct. by Nov I had 5 sponsors already lined up. I actually had a choice of three oil companies that wanted to sponsor me. I always do my best to toot my sponsors horn whenever I can. Even at "bike nights", I wear t shirts or hats. Keeping my fingers crossed for some sort of tire deal..
    See you guys THIS year for sure! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  4. Bernie32

........Don't wait until mid April to get things nailed down. Teams and riders will be picked and budgets will be used up. Remember to SUPPORT your local shops.

5. Simon

Simon New Member

So what are you going to give me? :D

6. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Simon, I was gonna ask you the same question!!

7. Simon

Simon New Member

PM or call me if your serious, I can help or do almost anything but no money help, lol.

Being self employed, I am a sponsors worst nightmare, I have NO time to do what is required of a sponsored rider, except my main sponsor Ritz Catering, I go there everyday so I send him pics, give him pics, talk to him and take my bike there a few times a year, he loves it, :cool:

My machine shop does it because he's a nice guy plus I send him tons of work, :cool:

8. Bernie32

Bumping this. Don't wait until the last minute to get your parts or work with shops and your sponsors because i'll tell you right now they'll tell you to pound sand. Budgets are little to non and you better have a solid game plan as to what you're going to do for them. So far I only have 4 riders who have told me they are going to be working with their shops.....maybe some of those other shops should be looking at the riders and re-evaluating their riders you've invested in. Heck, even Szoke had to buy his Honda this year.