Ryan Welton # 89

Discussion in 'Rider Profiles' started by Bernie32, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Bernie32

Bernie32 Free Highside Demoes

Racer Profile

Name: Ryan Welton
    Birthday: November 28, 1969
    Place of Birth: Vancouver, BC
    Race Bike(s): 2002 Kawasaki ZX6-R
    WMRC #: 89
    Sponsors:
    Kimpex
    Shark Helmets
    Squids Extreme Motorsports
    Roo's Pub
    Pirelli
    Team name: Highside Racing
    Years riding: 13 years
    Years racing: In my first season.
    Why I started road racing: My racing buddies kept bugging me to try it like a pack of drug dealers.
    My parents think? (Of me racing): Strangely proud.
    Favorite Moto GP rider: Who are we kidding they are all gods!
    Favorite track: The one I am on.
    Favorite piece of track: When everything slows and I am completly relaxed, time standing still for just a few moments.
    Part of the track I hate the most: The concrete wall parts.
    Do you prefer Race days or Track days: I am happy just getting out and going hard.
    Funniest track moment: Passing Jimi in turn 2 during a race and flipping him the bird, (his trademark move), I laughed all the way to turn 3.
    Scariest track moment: Running into turn 1 late on the brakes and having the wall of 4 bikes in front of me braking earlier than me, clipping bars and learning lessons.
    I really dislike (General race wise): Hearing it is first and last call for my class to get to pregrid.
    I think this would help at Mission: More racing days.
    Are you superstitious and how: I try to put everything in its place so I do not lose it.
    The hardest part about racing is: Waking up so early for race day.
    I prefer this track condition: Cool and dry.
    The best thing I bought was: My Kawi ZX6-R
    The worst thing I bought was: My too tall tailer.
    Goal this year: Have fun and come home in one piece.
    Favorite piece of gear: My *Shark Helmet*
    What?s in my iPod: I can't afford an iPod!
    Who has helped you the most in your racing: Jayson Lynch, Dean Drolet and Bernie Denis. Thanks Guys!
    If money wasn?t an issue I?d buy this bike: Anything modern....fuel injection, modern suspension, radial mouted calipers.
    If money wasn?t an issue I?d buy this tool: I am still learing how to use a wrench.
    If you could ride a Motogp tack it would be: Sad to watch.
    If I could race another class other than what I do now, it would be: Another seasons worth of experience and some modern metal will see me in 600 Supersport and Open Supersport.
    About racing (My friends would say I?): Have done well for my rookie year....and could go much faster into (insert any corner # here).
    Short Bio : I have spent most of my riding years going slow on the road and enjoying the scenery. Over the past 5 years the pace started creeping up as my riding partners changed and I found myself in faster company. Not wanting to take unnecesary risk I have always kept, so I thought, a margin of safety for the unforseen. Riding on the track has taught me about the limits of the motorcycle, tires and my mental processing speed. I realize now that I have returned home safely from many rides not because of skill but because of the combination of factors did not kill me that day. The track is a better place to exploit the machine and enjoy the thrill of it all. I owe a big thanks to all of the people that work hard to give us the chance to experience the track.
    *To my sponsors, team mates, the WMRC executive, reps, corner and track volunteers - Thanks.*

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  2. Ryan Welton

Ryan Welton No..the other Ryan

Race action!

Attached Files:

3. Ryan Welton

Here are some shots from season #2. I spent the majority of the race season seening just how far and fast I could go on the Kawasaki but when the corner workers started coming and talking to me in the pits I knew it was time to take the step to the next level. Sean M was willing to part with his well prepped 2006 R6 and I came out for the last round of the season on some new metal. It sure was cool! As for a season summary I managed to place 4th in all of the classes that I continued to run. Intermediate 600, Open and Superbike. I even managed a second and first in Superbike this season! I learned a lot and am looking forward to challenging all of my friends and teammates in the 600 classes in 2010!

ps: thanks to all the photographers out there that make me look so fast!

Attached Files:

4. Mel

Mel Manx Addict

Nice updates to your profile, Ryan!

Oh, and by the way, you 'look so fast' because you are fast.:cool: Keep it up and look forward to seeing you out there next season (once I graduate Novice, I'll be the newbie in Intermediate, trying to just stay on the same lap as you guys.:D)

5. tt600

tt600 New Member

your so modest ryan....class act+skill+helpfull=great guy.

6. Ryan Welton

I would like to thank my newest sponsors for 2010:

ADVENTURE WEST MOTORSPORTS, POPOW AUTO and CKX HELMETS

Adventure West is a small friendly shop owned by Phil Priebe @ #306-20560 Lagley Bypass, www.adventurewest.net

Phil has many years of experience with both street bikes, dirt bikes and quads and has a current passion for adventure based dualsport riding. His shop offers service, sales and accesories.

Popow's Auto is owned by Gary Popow a master auto body technition. He is a perfectionist offering body work, paint and complete crash repair. I have never met someone who was so passionate about thier work he loves it! Popows is located behind Roo's Pub in Qoquitlam off of Westwood and Christmas Way.

CKX HELMETS are available at any local bike shop and offer great protection, weight, air flow, periferal vision, graphics and price point. The helmet world has changed and great protection is now very affordable. I have crash tested this lid and was very pleased with the performance...I will now need another one!

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  7. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

:needpics:

of the one day old helmet at least .....

8. Ryan Welton

A picture of my bald head? I spent some time this evening looking over the helmet and realized it took a full shot to the left temple (it was hard to chew this morning), skid up over the top back of the helmet, a hit to the left rear quarter where I now have a bump swelling up and a hit to the right rear. I am not sure of the sequence of the stikes but do recall the rear tire sliding followed by the sensation of being up side down and slammed on to the track. Tomorrow I will look at my suit and see what new info can be gathered. As for a photo of the helmet I will see what I can do!

9. Linda

Linda At last....recognized!!!!

CKX HELMETS I have crash tested this lid and was very pleased with the performance...I will now need another one!

Is that a "subtle" hint???!!!! :D