Running for Treasurer

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by tt600, Oct 28, 2014.

1. tt600

tt600 New Member

I would like to run for Treasurer for the 2015 year. Firstly, a little about myself. I started doing track days and bought my first race bike in 2008. I was very active in the club for a number of years and it was something that my family enjoyed doing with me.

I helped with track set up and tear down most weekends in those first few years. I also helped with promotions for a year. I have enjoyed my time at the track and try to make it a fun time for all. I have always tried to reach out to the new racers and help them in any way I can, whether that is helping with bike work, tips and advice or just making them feel welcome. I have also worked the corners when my bike was having issues and I couldn’t race.

The last couple of years I have had some bike issues and haven’t always been able to get out to Mission. I would like to take more of an active role on the executive to help bring forth the voice of all. I want to be able to help in any way that I can in order to make our club a successful, fun, worthwhile experience for members, their families and fans. My hope is that we not only grow the club but also grow the family and social experience as well as cultivate a nurturing environment for the new men and women who will one day be the executive of the club. It’s easy to sit back and sofa quarterback… voicing what I think would help – I want to stop talking and take some initiative.

Let’s work together to make our race weekends something that nobody wants to miss.

2. tt600

tt600 New Member

One more thing I would like to add is that my wife (Ginny) is also extremely supportive of the club and has been involved behind the scenes. She spent many hours updating the programs a number of years ago, has helped with track set up and is willing to help working on getting some more social events happening ie.. helping get double header Saturday evening potlucks organized etc.