Rules and tech question

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Bernie32, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Bernie32

Bernie32 Free Highside Demoes

Who's job is it to check and see if the bikes' year of manufacture falls into the race class (IE: lightwieght superbike) or if someone going into F118 has gone under 1:18 in practice sessions? How, and where, are we going to police that?

2. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Bikes will be checked for compliance at registration and F118 will be policed by scoring and gridding. That's why we say no refunds for that class.

3. JasonG

JasonG New Member

are the 2010 rules out, if so, where can we find it, thxxx

4. Rick

Rick Old Guy

As the referee, that probably falls under my jurisdiction. Typically I will allow each class to police itself (except for timed classes).

This is why we have the protest rules in place. If you feel a fellow competitor does not comply with the rues you have every right to protest that rider (see rule book). You cannot rely on registration, tech or the referee to make sure all your competitors are legal, that responsibility still falls on you the rider.

Ultimately it is up to each competitor to make sure his or her bike is legal in the class that they have enter in. If it is found that a rider is cheating, loss of points and public flogging are the usual penalties.

Rick

5. Bernie32

Bernie32 Free Highside Demoes

Very soon....i hope. I'm getting a few PMs about rules and classes but they are being forwarded to the right people.

6. nickridiculous

nickridiculous New Member

Big thanks to Nicola and and the rest of the rules commitee for getting this done. It can't be that much fun.:clap:

7. jcathie

jcathie Member

Oh, but you're wrong. They have an absolute blast doing it. I remember last year Nikola mentioned to me one day how much he was looking forward to updating the rule book again. :bow::bow::bow:

8. Simon

Simon New Member

We are too busy to check if the bike year is valid, that's the riders job or ?