Rule Change - Rule Changes

Discussion in 'Rule Book Proposals' started by bsa_414, Nov 6, 2013.

1. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

Our current process for rule changes calls for submiting changes to your rider rep who will bring them up at the rule book comitteee meeting. It's pretty loose, and in the past things not suggested by members have been brought up (and voted on) at the meeting... Time to clean that up...

I propose creating a sub-forum called "Rule Changes". Throught the year the genral membership can post their suggestions, along with a supporting argument in this forum. Each change will have its own topic, with the general membership allowed to debate/comment on the change.

The rule book committee, shall vote on these, and only these topics. If it's not posted and discussed, it's not allowed to be brought up at the rulebook commitee meeting for a vote.

In case of a deadlock / tie vote at the committee meeting, the issue will be put out to the general membership for a yes/no vote with no discussion allowed.(should have done that in the forum)

Rational: This is designed to increase transparency and involve the general membership in our rule changes process

cheers
    alex

2. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Done. And all of these have been moved to the new forum.

3. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

Hey! Hey! We were supposed to debate this for weeks then vote on the whole damn proposal at a special meeting........

Joking of course. Thanks Dean!

There was still a serious proposal in my original post though...

The rulebook committee shall vote on only topics that were posted on this forum.

Additionally, I'd like to propose that all changes should have at least 3 weeks of posted time/discussion before the comittee votes on them. (ie. you propose something 1.5weeks before the comittee meets, it's to be considered next year)

cheers
    alex

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013