Rule change - Battle of the twins

Discussion in 'Rule Book Proposals' started by bsa_414, Nov 6, 2013.

1. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

At the risk of not getting a trophy next year....

I propose that we delete the line 'Ducati 748 and ...' from section 7.7

rational: It's a twin and we all could use a carrot at the end of a stick. Plus, on a rain day I'm sick and tired of finding a grid filler for the class...

cheers
    alex

2. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

That line is only in there for clarification. We can delete it, but since a 748 is still above 700cc, it's not valid for middleweight twins, which is where you needed the fillers. This year, there were only really 2 heavyweight twins anyways, with Bez's 848 and Niko's 748. Next year, I can see that Patrick might also add his heavyweight 1000, at which point, they'll still need another bike to score.

3. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

not a fan of having a 748 in MWT or a 749 in MWSBK

4. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

Ok,

Then what about having middleweight twins as a 700cc supersport class? Alternatively, we could limit the 748 to supersport rules, and maybe include up to 900cc aircooleds in a supersport build?

cheers
    alex

5. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Member

If the new yamaha 700 comes over here, then I think it makes a huge amount of sense to make middleweight twins a 700cc supersport class. We might want to allow some exceptions for SVs and 650Rs for performance balancing if there is a big power difference.

I sure don't want to single anyone out, but it doesn't make sense to me to have the 748/749 in MWT/MWSBK when those bikes would normally be placed in 600 supersport (and they are competitive with 600s from the same year).