Race results from Round 1 2011?

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by *Jay*, May 7, 2011.

1. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

I expected to be in the mid to high 1:20's by summer. Dean comes out on the first race of the year on a green track and does a 1:23! (on only one good cylinder) Good job!

Looks like we have our work cut out for us in this class.

2. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Just curious. In this case I have no issue with the change in the results as I could see Dean in front of me at the end of the race and I am assuming that he didn't stop off for a lap and rejoin in front of me.
    But if there was an issue how is it dealt with?

3. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

There's normally a fistfight in the tech area. Whoever wins the fight was ahead of the other guy, lol. :dd:

4. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

First stop is your rider rep for any problems.

Second stop is the Michelin tent to make sure you finish first.

5. jcathie

jcathie Member

Usually we'd send them out to Turn 6 to hash it out and report back with the results.

6. jcathie

jcathie Member

You're most welcome, Dean.

Of course, we could always use a volunteer to run results across to Tech for posting. We just need someone smart enough to look up track and up pit lane before crossing. Gail does enough so I'm NOT going to lean on her. Besides, she has to wake Ken for his races.

[Hint, hint ... anyone?]

7. Juha K

Juha K New Member

I'm pretty sure I won't be racing next weekend. Other than helping a friend out with his first race weekend I'll just be hanging around, so if the club needs a volunteer, let me know or who should I go see?

8. Reckless

Reckless New Member

OK. So for the next race I need chocolate for Suzy to bribe her into scoring me ahead of everyone else. I need to hide a baseball bat in the weeds at turn 6 so I can prevail in the "discussion" over who finished where when someone protests. I need to pit close to my rider rep to make sure I get to them first with the truth, (my side of the story) and I need to brand the Michelin logo onto the side of my tires and run Michelin stickers on my bike.
    Hell with a little more work on this I may not even have to race to win.

9. Mel

Mel Manx Addict

Comox Rules, eh? ;)

10. jcathie

jcathie Member

Juha, it's a small, but important task to get the results across the track so people can see them. I would think 4 trips would be sufficient:

1. After morning practice
    2. After the last race before lunch (which can change depending on circumstances beyond our control)
    3. Mid-way through the afternoon races (2:00 - 2:30 ish?)
    4. Immediately after the second Superbike race.
    Let Simon and/or Rick know what you are doing and cross pit lane and the track in a safe manner.

Thanks for offering to help.

11. jcathie

jcathie Member

I think you've pretty much summed it all up. :D

12. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

There must have been a glitch...

#31 (Andre)

7 01:29.990 00:10:30.216
    8 01:13.608 00:11:43.824
    9 01:35.355 00:13:19.179

Either that or he really wasn't joking about the surplus rocket motor he was retrofitting to the bike... The 1:35 must have been the chute deployment lap!

Gotta love the 2 strokes...

13. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

:laugh:
    No doubt. You won't even have leathers on! I can see it now "What do you mean you didn't see me out there? I lapped you twice!" haha

14. Reckless

Reckless New Member

The more I think about it the more I realize I won't need the leathers. I will have a "well endowed" pit assistant or two in some tight leather helping me in the pits and most of the other racers will show up at the start line having forgotten to gas up their bikes, put on their helmets take off their tire warmers etc etc.
    This will also help with any protests as my assistants can block the view of the track and distract any official from doing their job.
    Perhaps I can hire Spero to wander over to the scoring building and offer Suzy some chocolates during the race and comment on how good I looked winning the class.
    Yep this racing stuff is fun!

15. jcathie

jcathie Member

He was scored manually too. Hence the irregular lap times. He and Dean need to be thankful Suzy could read their number plates.

16. andre331

andre331 New Member

hey alex, im still shown to have a dnf in mwsb? I finished ahead of #987,they have her finishing the race, I think my battery died in my db com, will that result be adjusted? how is your bike coming along? talk about a rocket motor!