Race results from Round 1 2011?

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by *Jay*, May 7, 2011.

1. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

Where do the latest results get posted?

2. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

they are posted on the front page...

www.wmrc.ca under the link "Race Results"

they are not up yet...

3. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

OK, thanks.

4. fiftycapt

fiftycapt The Captain

Any idea when they will be posted Jayson?

Tim

5. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

For those riding Michelin, I can't submit results to xtrm until official results are posted

6. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Sorry, I don't deal with the results, I'm sure the guys and gals from scoring and our webmasters will have them up as soon as they possibly can

7. overdraft

overdraft too slow to race

My other hobby is sailboat racing... scoring is complicated because before you can determine the results you need to apply an algorithm to correct times for the performance differentials between the boats. So my sailboat race results from last Wednesday were on the web Sunday, 4 days later... just sayin' :devil:

8. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Yeah, it does seem very slow. My son races motocross (which doesn't even use electronic scoring) and they have results online within 2 days.
    I suppose it mostly matters to people racing for contingency. Mostly.

9. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

I'm sorry the results are taking so long to post. I've had a death in the family and was dealing with that. I was out of province, and since I've been back have been working 14 hour days to catch up. I'm going to attempt to get the results up tonight, but will not be home from work for a while yet.

Please remember that we are a volunteer run organization that all have regular day jobs as well. Results take hours and hours to compile, massage, and get ready for posting, all done during our "off" hours from our day jobs.

10. Mel

Mel Manx Addict

Very sorry for your loss, Dean.

11. Dean

Official Results are now posted. Find them off our main site under results. If you have any questions or concerns about the results, please take them up with your riders rep.

12. tt600

tt600 New Member

thank-you dean for your quick response on posting results.

13. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Ah, I had to hit "refresh" before they would appear.
    Thanks for posting them.

14. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

I finished second in 250 and it has me down as 4th (last place). :confused:

15. jcathie

jcathie Member

You were scored manually which likely means your transponder wasn't working well or at all. They probably missed you on one lap, which would be all it would take to drop you from 2nd to 4th.

You need to check the results when they are posted at the track so any discrepancies can be protested within the mandated time limit.

16. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

I head out to catch a ferry so I can't wait for results to be posted. My transponder worked fine for the Open Supersport race 2 minutes before the 250 race. Possibly what happened was the time between races was almost nil (like 1 minute) and the system was confused as to why the same transponder was still going around after the last race.

17. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Yea Dean but it says you turned a 1.23 lap time on a 250. You should be happy with that!

18. jcathie

jcathie Member

I can understand having to run for the ferry. Dave has to do the same thing.

The system would not get confused from one race to the next. We can save, print results and load the entrants for the next race in that amount of time. We do it while I'm doing course clearance following the last bike around the track and into the pits.

You should come over and check it out some time. As a matter of fact, everyone should at some point, but I think there's a pesky rule in the rulebook that declares the timing and scoring building off limits to racers.

Maybe we can do some sort of work-around to let people really see what's going on.

Dean, I'll look over the hit log and see what I can find. I think it would be in the hands of the referee or some other mucky-muck to modify the results if I do find an anomaly.

OK Dean. I had a quick look at the hit log for Open Supersport and F118/250. Everything was perfect in Open Supersport but nothing in F118/250. Since they were right after the other, I'm thinking someone forgot to move the transponder over to the 250. Either that or the battery got dislodged during the move to the 250 because there were no hits at all from you in the 250 race. It's also apparent Suzy missed inserting a hit for you on Lap 5 of the 250 race, which would explain everything. She's allowed to make boo-boos. Maybe she was reaching for another hedgehog at that very moment. :D

So I leave it to you to appeal to the powers-that-be to have the results modified. Get some of your fellow 250-ers to back you up on your appeal.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  19. Dean

The results have been modified. We'll get the results posted a little quicker so you can check them before you leave next time.

20. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Thanks Dean (and Nikola and John). I'll make sure everything's kosher before I take off from now on.