Proxy voting for 2015

Discussion in 'Ask the Exec!' started by Jaybo, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood WMRC President

There have been plenty of requests for proxy voting/absentee voting at the upcoming AGM. The only time that this can be allowed if it is added to the club bylaws by voting it into effect at an AGM. I don't want to complicate things any further at the AGM but it seems to me that perhaps it's time to make the change?
    We need a policy/procedure that is simple, easily effected and yet secure from manipulation.

What comes to my mind is this:

Similar to proxy voting at a strata:
    The absentee voter fills out a required form that confirms his identity and confirms who will be his proxy. This form is submitted to the executive at the general meeting in advanace of the AGM. The proxy then votes on the absentee's behalf at the agm.

I see too many problems and complications for phoning in votes/skyping. I don't think we're prepared to move to online voting at this time.

If a procedure can be agreed upon in time it can be voted into effect and allowed for the 2015 AGM. We don't have a lot of time prior to this AGM, so lets try to hash this out quickly. .

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

That would be awesome if we could make this happen. I will still consider making the trip if needed, but it'll cost me around $250 and I won't get home until 2am. The proxy idea has been talked about in the past, but has never been actioned. Do it! Bacardi Cola. Do it.

3. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood WMRC President

This won't fix your problem now, it must be voted in at the 2014 AGM to fix this "issue" for the 2015 AGM.

4. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

I'm a sad panda...... 1000336-02-00-00-00_lg.png