Photos from WMRC Round 1 - May 1st, 2011

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by thumper 8, May 1, 2011.

1. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Tim, your Dad is impressive... there is no way in hell I would be up and round that fast..

2. Raymond Ng

Raymond Ng Valentino Rossi Fan

Just a simple message...

Get well soon!

3. Mel

Mel Manx Addict

So sorry to see Randy had such a bad crash, and all the best for his speedy recovery (which he appears to be starting to do already!).

4. Simon

Simon New Member

As with everyone, heal up.

Glad he's up and walking already, that is quite a list of damages.

Hope to see him out there again, :cool:

5. 620RD

620RD New Member

Tim, Cory here, pitted beside you for track day and practice day.
    So sorry to hear about your Dad. Best wishes for speedy recovery. Hope to see you in July.

6. Marbod

Marbod Rubbin's racin'

Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery , Randy. I hope yo see you soon again at the track.:thumbup:

7. fiftycapt

fiftycapt The Captain

Update on Randy Kingston

Dad has made significant progress today as he in now eating regularly and increasing his walking exercise. His spirits were lifted a lot when he was able to view his accident from these pictures posted on the forum. Oddly, the photos cleared up everything in his mind and he now sees exactly how the incident went down. He is happy that Wayne did not sustain any serious injuries and he is also grateful for the excellent leathers that he bought from TapMoto. Many of you will remeber that last year Dad wore his leathers from the 80's and that they had NO advanced protection features like a spine protector. He remarked to me today that he is glad that he wore his back protector and his new leathers...that he is convinced that they saved his mobility/life. I agree. I had a front row seat to the impact and I can tell you that I never want to see anything like that again. It was ferocious and the sound it made will stay with me for a long time.

Please continue to pray for a speedy recovery for dad. He told me today that he is focused on getting well and is looking forward to his next time out on the track. We both smiled after he said that :)

Tim

8. urquhart

urquhart New Member

thoughts to you and your family. Heal up and lets race together again.

9. Bernie32

Bernie32 Free Highside Demoes

WOW!!! Speedy recovery Randy. My thoughts are with you and and your whole family.

10. Mike Thompson

Mike Thompson High Side Racing

Get well soon Randy. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

11. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Hey Tim glad to hear that your dad is working on his recovery already.
    As a new guy at the track Randy has been one of the people who has gone out of his way to make me feel welcome. He will be missed and I hope to see him back there soon.
    Please pass along my best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.

12. speeder

speeder New Member

I was working corner 5 when this happened. It was Blair in corner 6 who watched this happen and quickly stopped the race (working the corners is not as easy as it looks. I have a lot to learn).

I'm so glad that your dad is recovering well. You were obviously very distraught when you came to the scene. It is a minor miracle that the two of you can laugh together so soon. I can only imagine what it was like to ride past that accident, and then have to wait at a marshallling corner not knowing how your dad is.

All the best for his speedy recovery. Don't forget to tell him to ask for those "good" pain killers.

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  13. Norm

Norm New Member

Wow... I've just been catching up on the race weekend that I missed, and I'm sure sorry to hear that there was such a rough accident. You're in our prayers, Randy, and we hope you'll have a full recovery and get back on your bike.

Thanks for the updates, Tim, and I hope I'll be racing with the both of you sooner rather than later :)

14. thumper 8

thumper 8 corner worker / photog

It seems a little anti-climactic now, but I am uploaded the rest of the Round 1 photos to my site overnight - in the morning they will be here.

Steven O'Toole was flying all day:

[​IMG]

The Aprilia looked great and sounded even better:

[​IMG]

Ken Lalonde in his new livery:

[​IMG]

Good to see Ryan back in top form:

[​IMG]

Rob flying off the line:

[​IMG]

15. fiftycapt

fiftycapt The Captain

Update: Randy Kingston

Hey Folks:

Just got back from seeing Dad...he is in his own room now and out of the Emergency ward. He is at RCH, Columbia Tower 6 North, room 625. Visitors are welcome during the day and evening. He was up and about today, eating well, and watching the Canucks play Nashville. He is already talking about making his big come back next spring! He is a real inspiration and I learn so much from him even when he is in the situation that he is in. He (and our family) have really been strengthened by the MASSIVE support shown by the people associated with our great club.

Can't wait to race again in 2.5 weeks!

Cheers,

Tim

16. Simon

Simon New Member

Great news, he is one tough SOB, :bow: :D

No middleweight pics, :(

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  17. thumper 8

I am still amazed that Randy wanted to walk to the ambulance - one tough SOB indeed! Glad to hear he is well on the road to recovery.

And here is a middleweight pic just for Simon.... middleweight riders are soooooooooooooo needy :p

[​IMG]

18. Simon

Simon New Member

Hahahhaa, too bad that's not a middleweight pic, :p

19. thumper 8

Middleweight, lightweight, heavyweight, intermediate, expert... I get so confused with the classes sometimes. I think I can recognize a vintage bike though!

20. Simon

Simon New Member

LOL.

I was running middleweight Twins and MW Superbike with the same number, against Bez, #11 and David Moore, #32 I believe, green Kawi.