Photos from WMRC Round 1 - May 1st, 2011

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by thumper 8, May 1, 2011.

1. thumper 8

thumper 8 corner worker / photog

Good to see a lot of familiar faces today for round 1.

I just got home from dinner, and have not had a chance to go through all the shots yet, but I had a couple of folks ask about these shots from the Turn 5 accident today. The rider on bike 23 (Randy?) was responsive when I got to him and was air ambulanced to RCH as a precaution. Wayne Loewen on bike 49 was unhurt and returned to race later in the day.

Here is the sequence:

This low-side:

[​IMG]

Led to this:

[​IMG]

Leaving Wayne on bike 49 with nowhere to go, but up and over:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thumper 8

The rest of the sequence:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the air ambulance landing on the straight:

[​IMG]

I will update this thread in a day or two once I have uploaded the Round 1 photos to my site... I only have 1,500 photos to go through!

3. stykman

stykman I can't recall

Rest up, heal up and we hope to see you back soon Randy.

4. fiftycapt

fiftycapt The Captain

An update for everyone concerned about my dad:

He is in RCH recovering with 11 broken ribs, 2 punctured lungs, bleeding in his lungs, 2 bleeding kidneys, a small break in his lower back. He has a chest tube inserted to drain the blood from his lungs and the Dr's are continuing to monitor his progress. He is in stable condition and is able to converse about what happened in this crash. He should be out of the hospital in 7-10 days. I will keep everyone posted. Tim

5. fiftycapt

fiftycapt The Captain

One more thing:

Dad also has a tear in his liver

Tim

6. gxr jo

gxr jo New Member

thank god for back protectors

7. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Heal up quick Randy, we all look forward to having you back in the pits with us.

8. thumper 8

Tim, sorry to hear about the extent of the injuries. I think we all wondered if the air ambulance was necessary - in hindsight, it was obviously the right thing to do.

I look forward to seeing Randy up and around at the next round - helping in the pits!

9. rustysgsxr

rustysgsxr Rooster

Get well wishes from the east of the Rockies. Speedy recovery Randy, hope to see you soon.

10. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Best wishes to Randy for a speedy and complete recovery! Tim please keep us in the loop for updates. If you need anything, or if there is anything we can do to make his recovery a little easier, please let us know.

11. Brett

Brett Twin Brothers Racing WMRC Exec

All the best Randy, heal up soon!

12. crazyfastxxx

crazyfastxxx Pylon

Heal up fast Randy.

13. Jacalyn

Jacalyn Thread killer....

Lord almighty those pics are scary. Nice work Tony for capturing the obviously scary moments. Not sure how you manange to do that, I always seem to run away, leaving the camera behind!!

To Randy and family, glad the injuries are not worse, despite how serious that list is.....small blessings. Quick healing to you!

Oh, and thank goodness for spine protectors.....

14. thumper 8

Hey Jac, like my signature says "slowly perfecting the 'put down camera, pick-up bike' routine... " In this case, the accident itself was over quickly & I put the camera down as Blair was already calling for a red flag, and I was the first one to Randy. I signalled to Blair that we need the ambulance and he said it was already rolling. All in all, I would say a very fast response to assist Randy and Wayne... and a few pics too!

15. Gamma Nick

Gamma Nick OFOF

Sorry to hear of the crash. I'm confident Randy's enthusiastic and positive attitude will go a long way towards a full recovery.

Best Wishes to all your family.

Nick

16. jcathie

jcathie Member

Thanks for the update, Tim.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your Dad and hope your family is feeling a little less worried.

17. tt600

tt600 New Member

once again tim,our thoughts and prayer's are with you and yours.lu

18. *Jay*

*Jay* Member WMRC Exec

Tough break for Randy. Best wishes for a fast and complete recovery.

19. TommyO

TommyO Daytonut

Hope your recovery is as fast as you are on the track, Randy!!!........Tim, I hope you and your family rest easy in the fact that as tough as Randy's injuries are, I'm sure your Dad's spirit is a lot tougher and I'm sayin' prayers that he makes a quick and complete recovery!.......I had a similar incident last year in T5 when I crashed and Richard Maurice ran me over!....I got a nice gash in my tricep and my arm balloned up like Popeye's, but that's racing and Richard felt bad about hitting me, but there was nothing he could have done to avoid it!.....I talked to Wayne afterwards and he felt pretty bad about the whole affair!....Fyi, I told Blair in T6 that morning that after watching your Dad in practice, that he was my pick for winning the Championship this season!.......Randy's a good rider and I hope to get the chance to race with him sometime soon!.....Us old guys' gotta stick together!....:) Best Wishes and many prayers for Randy during his recovery!....

20. fiftycapt

fiftycapt The Captain

Randy Kingston Update

Thanks Everyone:

Dad is continuing to make progress in the right direction. Today he did a "lap" on his feet around the emergency room, beginning his physiotherapy regime. Although his dB comm failed to register, the supervising nurse said that it was a new lap record in the Emerg for a man with Dad's level of damage! lol. Dad is the most determind and stubborn person I know and I am excited to be able to watch up close how he will overcome this new challange in his life. Our family is extremely grateful to everyone of you for the love and support you have shown to us and take grate encouragement from the many kind words and actions that we have received. Thank you very much.....I am sure that we will see dad back at Mission doing his best to make the May long weekend another great time of racing and excitment.

I will update again his condition in a few days.

Tim