Off season testing - Track time at Mission

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by I_Duddits, Oct 18, 2009.

1. I_Duddits

I_Duddits New Member

So here I am, newbie and want to race Novice next year (2010). I want to test the bike (and myself) now and during the winter before the season starts. Can I pay a per hour or per day session like now or over the next few weeks?
    Also, I'd like to know if my bike falls within the 88dB range, any ideas?
    Redders

2. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

I'm not sure if you can afford a day at Mission as a single renter. Without workers, a day at mission costs our club $4600 in rental, plus $2000 ambulance, and about $500 in security fees. That doesn't include insurance, which is required to rent the track. I doubt that a person would want to rent the track for themselves at that price per day. Of course, I could be wrong if you have the means necessary to afford that.

We have no more booked dates over the winter, and will not get more dates until early may or very late april at the earliest. However, that doesn't mean you can't ride, but usually just not at Mission. You can ride and test yourself until December in Northern California with Star Motorcycle School, and I think they start up as early as February too, also in Nor Cal.

As far as 88db is concerned, as long as your bike is a modern (1995+) sportbike with stock exhaust, you should easily pass.

3. Simon

Simon New Member

What bike do you have?

Go down south, lots of tracks are open year round.