Novice Class Rules

Discussion in 'New To Racing' started by Dean, Feb 2, 2007.

1. m_raison

m_raison New Member

The Mission Day for WCSS school is the first track day this year. the day before the first race. does this mean we have overnight to get everything together?

2. tt600

tt600 New Member

hey mark,at this point may 1st.will be a practice.....yes,you can leave everything set-up for the weekend.

3. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

you just fill out the paperwork at the registration desk, get your number, pay for the license, and the race day and enjoy your new addiction. It takes about 20 minutes to get everything done at the registration shack.

4. m_raison

m_raison New Member

so everything we need to do, we can do at the registration desk? including getting numbers?

5. Dean

yes, that is correct

6. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

May 1st will be a raceday - It is also Race 1 of the WCC - announcement will be made shortly

7. GaryM.

GaryM. Live and uncensored

Nothin' like getting right at it!:bounce:

8. tt600

tt600 New Member

woo-hoo! 8 rounds....

9. nac.00

nac.00 New Member

So a few questions regarding registration for races as novice...(I have an EMRA novice licence):
    1) F2 class? cant find any info an this...
    2) BOTT class as well?
    3) How do I go about getting my race number
    4) Should I pre-register for the rounds on the 22 and 23 of May or should I just show up?

The answers will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Neil

10. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Neil, what bike are you riding? Very likely you will only be racing the Novice class. What is your current number with EMRA? IF possible we would issue the same number. WMRC Novices run numbers between 700-900.

11. nac.00

nac.00 New Member

2008 zx6r. What is the graduated novice at WMRC?
    Thanks

12. Dean

graduated Novices, after having run a minimum of 8 races, are allowed to enter another sportsman class that their bike is valid in. In your case, with a 2008 zx6r, that would be F118. Once comfort has been demonstrated there, you can enter 600SS and Open SS, but still have to run yellow/black numbers. Most novices will usually remain in Novice for 1 whole season.

13. nac.00

nac.00 New Member

Thanks Dean. Very helpful

14. Kyle13

Kyle13 New Member

Would a "graduated" novice be able to run in the 1:18 and novice classes to get more experience? I only ask because I just finished my 8th race this past weekend and I would like to move up to more races.

edit:
    oh and my bike is a 2001 gsxr 600

15. Dean

Kyle, that's exactly what a graduated novice would run! Please get in contact with your rider rep (Bez) and ask for an evaluation for graduation. If you can't find Bez, Ken Lalonde, can also do the assessment.

16. Kyle13

Kyle13 New Member

I'm planning on making it for the May 23 race day only gota work on the Sat ><. When I register should i just register just for novice? or novice and F118? And will the evaluation be during the practice or a race?

17. dasein

dasein WMRRA #24

I was told this was six races at the superbike school...

Baz, please post up...

18. Dean

The rulebook changed this year and now it is 6 race days, which is actually 12 races. Sorry that I was wrong earlier and have had to go back and read the rule book. The WMRC rule book can be found on our main website

http://www.wmrc.ca/documents/

19. dasein

dasein WMRRA #24

Well, it is ambiguous. Who makes this call, as it seems we could race once per day and pass, as there is no mention of actual races.

And it seems that there is discretion (hello 811) to promote early?

Not a big worry for me, personally, but I would like to run another class (f-118) as soon as I can.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  20. Dean

It's not that ambiguous. The intent of the rule is to not graduate the bulk of the novices early before they are ready. In the past, we have been guilty of graduating way too early based on minimums. The rulebook is a minimum, but we do have the discretion rule as well for bikes like 811, who is not only fast, but comfortable and predictable.

In general, a full day of racing is considered 2 novice heats, because that is what is scheduled. You'll notice that on Sunday, we decreased the laps that each race had towards the day, but the Novices were still running the full race. We won't decrease those laps unless there is a drastic need to do that. So 2 heats a day, 6 full days needed for standard graduation to run another class. We do this for your safety as well as ours.