Novice Class Rules

Discussion in 'New To Racing' started by Dean, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

It is important for Novices to remember that prior to registering for races for the season that they have:

1.) A WMRC assigned race number.
    2.) A Transponder number (or put RENT if you intend to rent one)
    3.) All other pertinant information for the registration forms.

After that, the MOST important thing is that you ONLY register for 1 class. You can either register for the Novice Class or if you qualify for F2, or BOTT, you may register in there instead. Note that tracktime is the same for either class.

You cannot run both classes. We ask that you have all this information prior to registering as it makes for less work on race day for the admin staff.

Thanks,
    Your friendly Novice Rep

2. jcathie

jcathie Member

It would also be really nice if everyone (not just Novices) would register for an event just once.

Just print out your confirmation email to remind yourself what you have already registered for. Multiple registrations for the same person at the same event in the same class(es) is just more work for people that really don't need it. The scoring software really doesn't like duplicates. It also gets you gridded further back than you might otherwise be since earlier multiple registrations are deleted. Gridding is based on points and time of registration. Register early and once for best grid position.

3. Darrin

Darrin XTREME LEAN RACING

What does a novice have to do to run in F2 or BOTTS , i want to run/support the club as much as i can and need lots of laps to get up to speed .

4. Mel

Mel Manx Addict

I believe you just have to have a bike that's legal for one of those classes.

5. Darrin

Should be no problem i guess as i,m racing a twin , i guess ???or is there more .would like to race more than one 10 lap race a day

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  6. jcathie

jcathie Member

Every Novice says the same thing. Same thing. Every year. But that's OK.

You get a 15 minute Novice practice session and two 7 lap heat races. In actual fact you're getting the same number of laps any other class gets (with the exception of Superbike).

If you want more seat time there's always Troy's Track Daze. I can guarantee you'll be completely shagged at the end of one of Troy's days.

There's also WMRRA, OMRRA, EMRA and CMRA events if you don't mind the drive.

Trust me, you won't be wanting for seat time.

Just so you know, the club doesn't want you in Novice for a second longer than necessary. When you are considered to be skilled, and most importantly, safe enough to be advanced to Intermediate, you will be. If you take a look at a race day schedule you'll notice the Novice class gets pretty much the same seat time every other class gets. The thing is, you only get one class. That restriction is there as an incentive for you to develop your skills and learn how to race safely so you can compete with Intermediates and even Expert riders in as many classes as you can bear (or afford).

It's also important to note that if the other riders in F2 or BOTT have a real (i.e. safety) issue with your riding, they can ask the Race Director to restrict you to Novice class only until your skills improve.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  7. Darrin

Ya the more the better , not interested in drivin all over the country .and i,m not racing a 400 lbs. bike so i should be able to race twice as long , i,m thinkin

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  8. Darrin

For sure when i,m in it for fun and to enhance my skillz, focus on the contact patch and adhesion, i don't consider myself a novice as i have been riding forever ,i know the racing thing, spent a few days at the track ,cornerworkin and scorekeepin.love it when i,m there i want to race as much as possible .gonna be good times

9. stickman

stickman Team Gecko Racing

I think we missed the rule that states novices buy beer after all races!:D

10. Andrea

Andrea New Member

I prefer Screech

11. stickman

stickman Team Gecko Racing

:crazy: :D

12. Darrin

Just like anything ,ya gota earn it .Safe ,sane racing a must .I will buy beer in exchange for MR 8 .

13. joseph therrien

joseph therrien Past President

Andrea's preference

Screech won't be racing at Mission anymore as he has moved back to the Maritimes to devote his full energies to his band the Pickled Eggs.

14. TySenchuk

TySenchuk New Member

that gets my Newfie half going!!

;) :clap: :clap:

15. TommyO

TommyO Daytonut

That reminds me of the Newfie who decided to quit drinkin', so he went to see his Dr. to get some support......His Dr. told him not to quit "cold turkey" but to go easy for a couple of days then skip a day for 2 weeks, then come back and see him!.......So after 2 weeks the Newfie comes back to see his Dr. and the Dr.'s surprized to see the Newfie has lost 20 lbs!?....He asked him if he's still drinking and how he lost so much weight?......He tells his Dr., for the first 2 days it was hard to cut down on the drinkin' but after the 3rd day he said he became too tired!!.......When his Dr. asked how, the Newfie replied......"ALL THAT FUCKIN' SKIPPIN'.................LOL :eek::p

16. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Hi Dean,

Dumb question but I can't find the answer in the rule book.

May I keep my novice number from last year?

Thanks,
    Jerry #712

17. Dean

as long as you register and purchase a license, then yes.

18. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Thanks, Dean

19. Family Guy

Family Guy Family Guy

Dean, I am sure this has been posted several times but instead of looking everywhere I'll just ask you direct. I have joined WCSS and plan to race this year. Do i fill out the three page form for WMRC ahead of time or will all that be taken care of at WCSS. Is that all i need for this year to get started?

20. Dean

you must pass WCSS first, THEN fill out the 3 page form. We can't do anything until you pass the course first.