Ninja 250 class????

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by Reckless, May 26, 2010.

1. Jacalyn

Jacalyn Thread killer....

I would assume that the general rules of lockwiring and a belly pan that holds fluid for safety reasons would still apply to this class, but sounds like a cheap way to have some fun. Maybe I'll find a way to race one next year, could be a good compromise for my racing needs next year!

2. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

v-2-power, your account is gone as per your request. Please consider coming back but with a more considerate attitude.

3. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

Lockwiring is required. Being a small displacement bike, a belly pan is not required. See rule 5.24. And I would agree with Blair on the rear-sets. I also interpret "spec" as just stock performance and handling. Rear sets are more of a comfort issue...

They certainly seem to be in abundance on the street, so there is a good chance that ICBC would have a good stock of these. And with a new sticker price at around $4K I'll bet ICBC is "writing off" quite a few bikes.

So here's an idea - we always promote the club as a safe alternative to racing / going fast on the street. ICBC and the cops should be all over that. Also, how much of a demand is there for "written off" N250R's? Probably not great.

We should approach ICBC and get them to sponsor a 250 class by donating to the club a few of their nicer wrecks for racing purposes. I would be willing to offer some wrenching time over the winter to fix up a couple and get them track ready... Kawi, can maybe help with replacement parts at cost. Then put the word out and have a pool of new riders race these! Or rent them out for the season, use them for taste of racing, raffle them for a charity - you get the idea.

cheers
    alex

4. Dean

yah, I would interpret spec as no engine or performance mods. rearsets shouldn't be a problem but other aspects to "lighten" the bike up, might be met with resistance.

5. Simon

Simon New Member

I am sorry, I damn near spit out my drink. ICBC actually doing something good? right, that would be the day. Sorry to be an asshole but tired of those assholes taking all of us for a very expensive ride and asshole reaming. :mad:

6. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Hey Blair, would it be possible to see your 250 rearsets locally?

7. JasonG

JasonG New Member

Blair .... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

8. Reckless

Reckless New Member

Getting closer to making this class happen.
    Still haven't heard from all those people who said "If you make it happen I will be there".
    Well, I will make it happen. I will be there.
    How about you?

9. SethS

SethS New Member 2010

Seth here. I'm seeing talk about having to remove the lights. Is there no way around this at all?? That alone would stop me. As it is, I took the WCSS racer course and am hot to race but without a vehicle or other means of transporting a race machine to the track, I'm blocked from the game. My only way to scratch my itch is Track Days...but no racing. IF we can keep the proposed 250 class simple enough that we could ride the bike to the track and race it then I'm in for sure. Any ideas folks?

10. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Hey Seth, if you are considering riding your bike to the track (as it sounds like you are thinking of doing) it shouldn't be too much work to pull the lights out to race with. I can appreciate where you are coming from with regards to the time and hassle to pull the lights, however broken glass/plastic in the event of a crash can cause a red flag, rather than just dragging the bike off to the side of the track. You may find that having a friend drive out to the track with you might be the best solution, with them bringing a set of cheap aftermarket race bodywork with them along with water, extra fuel etc.

11. jcathie

jcathie Member

Kelly Bell used to ride his bike to Westwood for Wednesday night practices. He'd pull off his mirrors and lights then reverse the process to go home. Remember,though, you bin the bike and make it un-rideable, you'll be stranded and looking for friend to take you and the remains home at the end of the day.

12. SethS

SethS New Member 2010

Thanks for the input Ryan and jcathie. I've had a posting for some time now begging for help transporting a racebike. See posting at following link...

http://www.westwoodracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4707

... but not a single response so far! If I could get someone with room on their trailer, pickup or van to step forward then I'd purchase one of the bikes posted for sale or get into the 250 class which WILL go forward!

Anyone willing to help out please let me know.

13. Dean

Keep looking Seth. Many of us would help out if we could. I know I can't take another bike, nor store one, as I've too many of my own.

Do you have another vehicle? UHaul is cheap on M/C trailers ($25/day I think). You'd be paying another racer minimum of $50 to transport to share gas back and forth, so UHaul might be economical enough.

14. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

I unfortunately don't have the room to store another bike either. I used a u-haul trailer for 3 years towing it with a Mazda 3. Worked out great. Price is $15 or $25/day including insurance. Hitch was $300 installed.

15. SethS

SethS New Member 2010

Help Tranporting Bike

Thanks for the suggestions but in my case I only have a company car (I'm a driving instructor) and I can't put a hitch on it. Messed up credit rating makes it tough to rent anything so can't rent a vehichle or trailer. Check Mate. Hey, even if someone had a bike at the track they could rent to me I'd consider it. Pretty much out of ideas, but if the lights could be removed on my R6 (back signal lights too??) then perhaps that's what needs to happen.

16. Nancy

Nancy Practice Racer

Seth, we can talk about this further... Now that I know you live in the valley.