Motofit weekend at the Ridge

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by Lance, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

This morning I was speaking with Rob Burch who owns Motofit Group about his first track event at the new Ridge Motorsports Park near Seattle.

It is going to be the weekend of May 5th & 6th......rain or shine.

There will be camping at the track....at this point he is not sure if there is going to be any additional charge from the track owners or not for camping.

He told me that he is going to limit the number of total participants at 100.....more or less 33 people in each of 3 groups (slow, medium, fast).

He opened up the bookings last week and already has more than 10 people registered and said he was kind of surprised by the quick response.

He told me that if we, as a group, were to register with more than 10 of us that we would get a small discount. I am going to try and co-ordinate this for everyone's benefit so if you are interested in going down please send me a PM and let me know.

I will be putting this out on BCSB as well so wherever you see it first you can send me a PM there.

2. kingston

kingston New Member

Ahhh, WCSS has a track day at mission on May 5th. I wouldn't be stepping on there toe's.

3. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Randy, I don't that track day is still valid for WCSS.

4. kingston

kingston New Member

Is that true Troy, I still see that date on your web site. If your having difficulty keeping up, maybe next year some one else can throw a thousand dollars at it and see what they get. ahhh your business that is.

5. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

I am not stepping on their toes.

I went to the WMRC special meeting and paid attention while dates were discussed....while apparently others did not.

Troy said this date would not be possible because the car club took it away and there was also a discussion led by Dean where we talked about having to run practice all morning of the 19th because there would NOT be a WCSS track day before the first round. This would mean shortening lunch and no delays between finishing one race and starting another.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  6. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

Maybe I am missing something from years gone by before I joined the club but it seems to me you have the tone like somehow you are entitled to something.

Troy, Gio and crew are good people....the fact they run track days for our benefit I think deserves more respect than cavalierly saying throw a thousand bucks at doing it. 2011 was a bad year for them. I don't know the exact numbers but I believe they lost multiples of that amount due to poor attendance on rain days. We are lucky they are even willing to try doing it again this year.

If you want to buck up and put a financial backstop on the track day schedule, get out and do every set up and take down, do the promo and organizing to make the events happen then sure you would be entitled to something such as having an up to date website....heck you could even organize it. However, I haven't heard that you are doing any of those things so I suggest you be thankful for what THEY are doing.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  7. kingston

kingston New Member

Sorry, your right Lance, I wasn't a very good listener in school either. I was simply infering that we support WCSS track daze before doing US ones. But i realize from yor reply, you agree with that also.
    And if you remember from the meeting "( someone else can throw a thousand dollars at it and see what they get )" was Troy's own words, not mine. Just making light of the funny but sort of insensitive comment afterwords. I gotta give it to Troy, he stood up there, let every one have their laugh, then continued on like nothing happened. But my heart was bleeding for the guy, Knowing some of what he has been through in the last year. I am sorry you felt my tone was of entiltment. My son Tim and I have helped with setup and teardown many times in the last two years and will continue to do so this year. we certianly respect and apreciate the work Troy, Gio, and company do.
    We were new to the club in 2010, but Tim still fondly remembers his step father battling it out with three snotty nosed teenagers on RZ350's , named, Troy , Ken , Steve, at the old Westwood track in the mid-80's. Ohhh, those were the day's. Anyway hope to meet you at the track this year Lance, and good luck in your racing. Randy.

8. kingston

kingston New Member

Lance, now after i have finished making a mess of all that, Tim and i would love to do that weekend at the Ridge, and think its great that you have offered to negoitate a deal for a group of us going down, we're in! Keep us informed. Thanks. Randy.

9. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

Hi Randy,

No worries......I do remember Troy making that comment but I just didn't expect anyone to use it again.

I think this fuggered up season has people on a bit of an edge....myself included :)

With regards to the Ridge....it would be great if you guys came along. I will put you on the list. As it stands right now I have a dozen (or more) people coming thru my BCSB post including some racers. I am waiting for the Motofit people to send me the promo code info. Once I have that I will PM all interested parties the details. People will go to the Motofit site, sign up using the promo code and pay using PayPal. Total price should be U$350 for both days.

If you don't already have a PayPal account you could set one up in the next few days......only takes a few minutes and doesn't cost anything.

10. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

We are good to go.

I have sent PM's and emails to everyone that has contacted me about the trip.....at least I think I got everyone :)

If I missed anyone or if you are interested and didn't post up let me know and I will PM you the details.

11. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

We have 21 people signed up so far.....12 from the island and 9 from the mainland.

We have another 15 + people talking about coming but still to sign up.

It is going to be a great w/e down there.

12. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Right on! And thanks for going to the effort of setting this up:D

13. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

Just an update for the people on this board that don't go on BCSB......as of last week we were at 27 BC riders registered.......15 from the island and 12 from the mainland.

I am still waiting to hear back from a few club members as well as a few street guys so I assume that we will ultimately end up with 32 to 35 BC riders down at this event. Should be a good time.

14. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

With a little over 3 weeks to go it is probably time to start planning transport and ride share so that we all get down there.

I will co-ordinate the mainland people and would ask that everyone who has signed up either post here, post on BCSB or PM me directly what your transport plans are.

(1) Let me know if you have space and would like passengers to share costs with......tell me how much space you have (people and bikes) and when you are planning to leave
    (2) Let me know if you need a ride and what you are planning to take and when you are hoping to leave
    (3) Let me know if you have your own transport but no space for a extra bikes but could possibly take a passenger and gear
    (4) Where you are planning to stay (motel or camp at the track)

15. tt600

tt600 New Member

looks like a likely thing i will heading down also...bike will be back together by then.camping at the track.no room for another bike.possible room for a passenger.thinking friday afternoon for a departure time.

16. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

Cool.....looking forward to seeing you there

17. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

Reminder to anyone coming......make sure you have proper out of country medical insurance for US track days.

18. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

Just got off the phone with Rob from Motofit. Here is the run down:

(1) He is still in the process of sorting out breakfast and lunch food service.

(2) The Ridge does not have running water or showers as of yet......so it will be portables just like Mission and ORP.

(3) The Ridge currently has 50,000 square feet of paved paddock and they are hoping to lay another 110,000 square feet next week if the weather co-operates. If they are able to get it done we will have enough space for everyone to be on pavement. If, however, they don't get it done as hoped for the people from Motofit are going to enforce pit set up where priority is given to bikes being on pavement......all trucks, trailers, camping, etc will be OFF pavement to allow bikes and easy ups to be ON pavement. If the paving does not get done and bikes are given priority on the pavement it may still be worthwhile to bring a couple sheets of plywood to set up your chairs and camping gear on.

Once I know more I will post it in the thread.

19. kingston

kingston New Member

Hey Lance, Tim's taking down his big travel trailer early fri. afternoon, but he's got 4 kids, wife and dog, so no room. I'm taking down bike trailer, 5:30pm. No room for bikes, but room for one person and gear, as long as they don't smell ! Sure hope they get more pavement down in the pits, if not it's going to be dirrrrtyyy. Just a note, 2fast has a full trackday on that fri. before. Randy.

20. Lance

Lance WMRC # 39

At the moment we have more bikes than transport. I am looking for a way to get between 2 and 4 bikes down to the Ridge so anyone that has room in a trailer please let me know.

FYI.....I called U-Haul yesterday and according to the main booking center they are sold out of trailers and are not accepting reservations because they doubt they would be able to provide a unit. They suggested calling the individual locations closer to the date and seeing if they have anything but obviously that isn't a plan.