More Moldy Oldies

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by jcathie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. jcathie

jcathie Member

OK, I finally found these buried in the flotsam I call my dining room table. Now I have to get copies over to Jamie Dick. This is what happens when you low-side in Turn 3A and the bike catches some air going over the alligators. The sequence goes in order from left to right, top to bottom. Jamie was OK. The bike, not so much. I think the seat was the only thing left that could be re-used. Shattered front forks, I think both wheels broken and the engine case was smashed.

Note the number plate high up in the air above the bike in frames 5, 6 and 7.

Ah, the marvel of suspension compression. View attachment 4364 View attachment 4365 View attachment 4366 View attachment 4367 View attachment 4368 View attachment 4369 View attachment 4370 View attachment 4371 View attachment 4817 View attachment 4818 View attachment 4819 View attachment 4820 View attachment 4821 View attachment 4822 View attachment 4823 View attachment 4824

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  2. ted

ted asshat

Man that was an evil ass corner. Glad it never claimed me.

Remember the young Asian kid from Calgary who crashed on the exit of 3B and broke his arm two years in a row in almost the exact same place?

Sure was fun watching the fast guys drift out of this turn.

Now we need pix of Sean Smyth's new CBR600 crash in front of the tower.

3. Opus

Opus Former Cornerworker

I also remember another racer from Calgary crashing in this corner and destroying a brand new RC30 he was almost in tears when he saw the forks and front wheel in one place and the rest of the bike in another