Minimum starter rule

Discussion in 'Ask the Exec!' started by Norm, May 8, 2010.

1. Norm

Norm New Member

I heard it from someone who'd know that on Saturday May 1st the rule was changed so that points would be awarded if at least four racers started (rather than five). If so, I believe that this should be retroactive to include Saturday's races so that the year is scored consistently.

If the rule wasn't changed, then I'd like to say that changing the rule only makes sense for a small club as ours in order to encourage participation. Those of us who can't afford hot bikes but who get out and race every race no matter the weather are the real racers (IMO). If the rule is changed, then everyone who wants points will be more likely to get out and race even if just so the "slower" (or poorer) guys don't get ahead in the points race. And, that's what we want, right ;)

Also, with at least four racers you still aren't guaranteed a podium finish, so you'll be pushing. Heck, if you're a racer you'll be pushing even if there are only two out there :devil:

2. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Norm, the rule never changed, although there were rumors flying all weekend. It's in the rulebook. 5 racers must start a race to get scored. The exec will review this rule and I'm sure it will be discussed at the next monthly meeting.