Meeting minutes for June 21, 2010

Discussion in 'WMRC Meeting Minutes' started by Mike Thompson, Jun 22, 2010.

  1. Mike Thompson

    Mike Thompson High Side Racing

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2008
    Messages:
    57
    Likes Received:
    0
    Call to order: 8:00pm

    New Business: Ryan Whittle

    Some racers are upset over other racers pulling off to hot pit lane after 2 laps and waiting until the last lap to go back out and collect last place points. There is no current rule against doing this. If anyone has an issue with what is going on during a race weekend, they need to see their rider rep who will take it to the referee. The referee will make a decision from there. Ryan will talk to Rick about his role in this situation. If racers would like to see a change to this rule then suggestions should be submitted to the rules committee for next year as we can not make a change to the rule book mid season.

    Track set-up is a major problem this year. We have a little over 100 registered racers in the club and only 10 – 15 people show up to do track set-up. We may have to start charging fees to people who don’t show up to help pay the people that do. The club doesn’t want to go to this extreme but may have no choice. West Coast Super Bike School has committed to having 5 people there.

    Track tear down is doing fine, lots of people stick around to get this done. Some nights we have up to 25-30 people.

    The Canadian dollar is doing well right now so the club is looking at buying more side impact Air-Fence. This will help eliminate even more hay bales for next year and make the track safer and quicker to set-up. A repair kit is on the way from Tyson for the inflatable Air-Fence sections.

    July 1st round will be the introduction of the HST. Each class will have a price increase of $5.00; the medical fee will remain at $30.00

    Treasurer Report: Dean

    We have $30,000 in the bank with about $5,000 in bills still to be paid.
    Round 1 and 2 we did well but round 3 and 4 we fell about $400 short of breaking even due to people claiming their rain credits from round 1 and 2. This is the first year in a long time that we have had an issue with racers not wanting to run in the rain. All $1500 in bad credit card payments from round 1 and 2 have been collected.

    Promotions: Jayson

    TOR had 2 bikes out last round. Bernie Ryan will be doing a track walk again this year on July 1st. There will be a vintage bike parade at 2:00pm on July 1st. Any bike 1972 and older can join in for free.

    Big thanks to Angus for all the promoting he has been doing on promoting a new 250 class.

    The club will make room for any class of 5 bikes or more. We will fit them into the schedule. The club needs to officially set the rules for the 250 class so that people know the class exists, and if 5 or more bikes show up the class will be put into the schedule.

    Reminder to all racers of the WCC event July 23,24,25 in Edmonton

    Meeting adjourned: 8:50pm
     
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. tt600

    tt600 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2008
    Messages:
    298
    Likes Received:
    0
    was there any talk of supporting wmrc racer's to go to edmonton? something like last year.
     
  3. Jayson

    Jayson Highside Racing

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2005
    Messages:
    367
    Likes Received:
    0
    it was not discussed ... no one brought it up
     
  4. tt600

    tt600 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2008
    Messages:
    298
    Likes Received:
    0
    well i'm bringing it up now.....couldn't make it for monday.
     
  5. Simon

    Simon New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2005
    Messages:
    320
    Likes Received:
    0
    Maybe offer the same 50% deal OMRRA is doing, but doubt they will come but we have to try.
     
  6. Jayson

    Jayson Highside Racing

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2005
    Messages:
    367
    Likes Received:
    0
    I think Lu is refering to the club finacially supporting WMRC racers to go to Edmonton and Calgary
     

Share This Page