Meeting minutes for June 18, 2012

Discussion in 'WMRC Meeting Minutes' started by Mike Thompson, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Mike Thompson

Mike Thompson High Side Racing

Meeting minutes for June 18, 2012

Call to order: 8:20pm

New Business:
    The WCC went very well here. Please help support all the clubs involved and go to the next event in Edmonton on July 13, 14, 15. It is a very fun track to run at and you will have a blast.
    It cost us $800 to get the Air Fence shipped here from Calgary which was very good considering the other options we had.
    We currently have about 80 licenses sold; this is down about 20% from previous years but was expected due to our schedule this year. Our 1st weekend was very successful. Thank you to everyone who played a part in making this happen. It was a great team effort. Our gate take was very good even though we had a rainy day. $1400 at the gate on the rainy day alone. TOR also went very well.
    The race schedule will be returning to normal on the upcoming Monday dates.
    The sandwich deal we did for the corner workers this weekend went off very well and only cost the club about $6.25 per lunch.
    50% of the clubs DB Coms have stopped working and so has the tester we use. We will be getting all that fixed over the next little while. The tester is out now for repair.

Treasures Report:
    We currently have $14,000 in the bank and at a rough count brought in about $24,000 this weekend.
    We are currently working on banquet dates and will get those out shortly.

Promotions:
    Big thank you to Alex and Tony for doing a BBQ and 50/50 draw to help raise money for the club. They had some very cool hats, stickers and other stuff.
    Thank you to Bez for getting the hoodies and shirts on such short notice.
    We have managed to bring on 2 other sponsors this year. Honda Center and Cascade Pools
    Pazzo will be doing top points over all deal this year. Details still to come.
    Ryan is also working on a deal with Cascades to do a one day point’s cash prize.
    Thank you to Ted and Scott for the great announcing this weekend.
    We ran our first woman’s cup this weekend and look forward to having it on the schedule from here on out.

Meeting adjourned: 9:07pm

2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

Why does it take a month to get minutes posted?

3. ken lalonde

ken lalonde New Member

I will second that!!!!!!!

4. jcathie

jcathie Member

I've wondered that myself, but have tempered it with the thought that it is a volunteer position. It does strike me as odd that the minutes are posted (sometimes) mere hours before the next meeting is to convene.

Perhaps it is just too onerous a task to combine with the obligations of family life.

5. Mike Thompson

Mike Thompson High Side Racing

Meeting Minutes

Sorry guys,:surrender: I will put a reminder in my calander to post them the day after the meeting. Lets just say with 2 little kids its not the first thing on my mind to do when I get home from work. I will bump it up the priority list though.