Meeting Minutes for December 17, 2012

Discussion in 'WMRC Meeting Minutes' started by Dean, Dec 29, 2012.

  1. Dean

    Dean Just a beer league racer

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2005
    Messages:
    2,779
    Likes Received:
    1
    MINUTES

    WMRC
    General Meeting
    December 17, 2012 at 8:00 p.m.
    Gillnetter Pub, Port Coquitlam, BC


    IN ATTENDANCE:
    Scott Borthwick, President
    Ken Lalonde, Vice President
    Jason Lynch, Treasurer
    Dean Drolet, Past President
    Bez Cajee, Promotions
    18 members


    1. CALL TO ORDER

    President Scott Borthwick called the meeting to order at 8:09 p.m.

    2. MINUTES

    The Minutes from the meeting held on November 19, 2012 were reviewed at the meeting.

    3. OLD BUSINESS
    a. Ambulance Service

    BC Ambulance Service will be used in 2013 because the difference in cost was negligible and they are able to call an air ambulance immediately. They will be used as long as they are able to service the WMRC.

    The cost to the racer will increase about $5 (from $35 to $40).

    If more than one ambulance or additional personnel is required, an announcement could be made to call any / all other qualified medical personnel at the race to attend the injured. A First Aid Coordinator would be needed to determine who at the race is qualified and willing to help. Andre Drachinski and / or Christina Vujovich, who is also a qualified paramedic, will be asked if he / she would like to organize a list of qualified medical personnel that can be called upon if needed. BC Ambulance crew will make the decision if additional personnel is required.

    4. NEW BUSINESS
    a. Vancouver Motorcycle Show 2013

    Bez Cajee reported that six 40” TVs and stands are being donated from Visions to be used at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show. These televisions will display WMRC logos, racing videos and sponsors. The Promotions team would like promotional videos to display on the televisions and the members were requested to send their videos to Bez. Members were also asked to let the Promotions team know if they, or someone they know, would like to sponsor an ad to be displayed on the television at a cost of $100.

    Hoodies, t-shirts, hats and lanyards will be available for purchase at the bike show.

    b. Proposed 2013 Race Dates

    The following dates are proposed only and are not confirmed:

    April 27 and 28
    May 11 and 12
    June 29 and 30
    September 28 and 29

    There are no dates available in July or August.

    No decisions have been made as to how the weekends will develop (i.e. how many rounds, double-headers, practice days, etc.).

    The race dates for Edmonton are not confirmed; however, the preliminary dates do not appear to conflict with the proposed WMRC dates.

    c. Other Business

    i) Treasurer’s Report: the WMRC currently has $14,000. A Pay Pal account has been created under wmrctreasurer@gmail.com. Pre-registered / pre-paid racers will go straight to John Cathie and Gail Lalonde, which will speed up registration significantly.
    ii) DB Com Web Site: a new domain name is being created so the web site is under construction and new transponders cannot be ordered until the new web site is operational. The WMRC currently own 8-10 transponders. New racers purchase their own online, or from former racers. If the WMRC is able to generate funds to purchase a new timing system, A&B, then the system will be changed (possibly 2014). The A&B software costs $7000 USD plus transponders. The car club will be purchasing transponders at the end of 2013 and the WMRC could purchase theirs in the same order, which could save $100 per transponder. All proceeds from the sale of the Promotions race programs will be directed into an account to purchase the A&B system. John Cathie and Dean Drolet will coordinate all technical information.
    iii) Blue Flags: the blue flag will only be used on the front straight.
    iv) Track Set-up and Tear-down: a group of people will be directed to set-up the track along with the new Track Coordinator, Mike Thompson. Mike gave an overview of his duties.
    v) Vancouver Motorcycle Show Volunteers: the sign-up list has not been made yet.
    vi) Track Inventory: Mike Thompson will be creating an inventory of equipment as well as a list of needs. Tents are currently required.
    vii) Rule Book: the revisions to the first Rule Book and FAQS were distributed at the meeting and reviewed. In a future meeting, a Special Resolution will be made on Section 8, the “link” ruling. Dean Drolet will cut and paste 2011/12 Bylaws, which will delete any changes made inadvertently by the Rules Committee. The Executive, voted by and representing the general membership, reserves the right to make the final decision on the Rules. Dan Royea will be rewriting the Rules Book. The Rule Book requires sections to clearly identify and separate the bylaws from the technical aspects. The process for the Rules Book Committee will be changed for 2014. In August, all rule proposals will be submitted to the rider rep that will write the proposed rule change and post those proposals on the Forums. The members will have a timeline to discuss the proposals. The Rules Committee will then review the proposals and determine which rules require changes. Once final changes have been made by the Rules Committee, the Executive will proceed with their review.

    5. NEXT MEETING

    Due to the commitment of four days for the Vancouver Motorcycle Show, the January meeting may be cancelled.


    6. ADJOURNMENT

    The meeting was adjourned at 10:07 p.m.
     
  2. Dean Thompson

    Dean Thompson New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2005
    Messages:
    334
    Likes Received:
    0
    Decent dates, hope we get them! Do some racing in Washington in July and August to fill the gap.
     
  3. ctardi

    ctardi New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2011
    Messages:
    100
    Likes Received:
    1
    Looks like some good progress and information there, and thank you to all those responsible for the timely posting of the minutes!
     
  4. Dean

    Dean Just a beer league racer

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2005
    Messages:
    2,779
    Likes Received:
    1
    I actually had them right before I left for the Christmas break, so they are not really that timely. They could have been posted sooner, and will get them posted about 3 to 5 days after the meetings from now on.
     
  5. Wblairlayton

    Wblairlayton Faster and Faster

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2006
    Messages:
    346
    Likes Received:
    0
    Another Alternative this year is that;

    July would be a perfect time to go the the WCC Double Header at Stratotech just outside of Edmonton,

    Mid August is another 3 day Track and Race Weekend at Stratotech,

    Early September is the Final 3 day Track Day and Season Finale Double Header Race Weekend at Stratotech,

    This is an excellent facility, Race Exhausts work here, and SV Racing Parts Sponsors and Hosts a Pre-Race Weekend Track Night to get warmed up for the Race Weekends on Every Race Weekend at Stratotech,

    Too much fun everyone, There are several WMRC members actively looking for bikes to fill up their trailers so come on up and check it out,

    Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
    Blair
     
  6. Dean Thompson

    Dean Thompson New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2005
    Messages:
    334
    Likes Received:
    0
    Good point Blair, I almost forgot about Edmonton! Super fun and safe track (though I never do well there).
     
  7. Wblairlayton

    Wblairlayton Faster and Faster

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2006
    Messages:
    346
    Likes Received:
    0
    Stratotech for you,

    I have a feeling you will do much better there this year Dean. Stratotech will make you a much better and faster rider everywhere,

    BTW: I hope you had a Super New Year,

    See you soon,

    Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
    Blair
     
  8. ryno11

    ryno11 New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2012
    Messages:
    58
    Likes Received:
    1
    Of those tentative dates has the wcc round date been figured out?
    Ps.. if it is the april date I will be making the trip out for sure from edmonton
     
  9. Wblairlayton

    Wblairlayton Faster and Faster

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2006
    Messages:
    346
    Likes Received:
    0
    I hear you Colin, it is the proposed date on the WMRC Calendar that makes the most sense for EMRA members to make the trip,

    See you soon,

    Best regards,
    Blair
     

Share This Page