March General Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'WMRC Meeting Minutes' started by ducatigirl, Mar 17, 2015.

1. ducatigirl

ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

WMRC Meeting Minutes

March 9, 2015

The regular meeting of the WMRC was called to order at 7:00 pm on March 9, 2015 in Langley by Andrew Marles

Present
    14 members

Brett Hanson - Treasurer
    Andrew Marles - President
    George Filis - Promotions
    Pam Black – Secretary

Previous meeting minutes read by Pam Black and accepted by Rob Shoemeyer.

Treasurer Report:

Brett Hanson reported that we currently have $15,725.93 in our bank account and our track rental deposit of $5500 has been paid

Promotions:

George reported that his canvassing is done, and he will now be following up with everyone he visited. KTM, Yamaha and Kawasaki may be on board re small bike class and George to have commitments soon.

George also mentioned that he needs some help with promotions he has been doing all the leg work himself.

Steve Addison and Rob Shoemeyer have been working on the selling of bulk packages of Track day passes to shops to possibly be included with the purchase of a sport bike.
    Another request has been made for RIDER BIOS!

We are still looking to try to do some cross promotion with Nancy Joyce and the Pitt Meadows Track Days.

The WMRC has donated 1 track day and 1 race school to be raffled
    off at the MOTOGP kickoff party on March 29, 2015 that Claude Desrosiers is hosting at the Central City Brewpub & Restaurant in Surrey. Proceeds to go to Children’s Hospital.
    We still intend to organize a track walk with Bernie if possible.

New Business:

The Rule book has been posted on our website. Thank you to everyone that participated on that committee.

Clarification on missing a riders meeting….The Competition committee has met and determined that missing rider’s meeting will be dealt with by the Referee on race day. First offence will result in a $250 fine, 2nd infraction will result in not being allowed to race that day. IF you are going to be late contact your rider’s rep to alert the Referee.

Operations meeting was held on March 6, no major changes to the team for this year. Most of the operations people from the West Coast Superbike School will be carried over to our track/race school day.

The executive would like to the membership to submit subject matter for the Race School curriculum. If you have a topic or suggestion, please email an executive member with the details.

The WCC championship will not be running this year, but EMRA will be offering a discount for visiting riders, as will we. The hope is to rebuild our relationships with some cross promotion between the clubs.

We will be receiving some further training from the Track Intel people, prior to the first race weekend.

WORK PARTY IS APRIL 12th!!! We need 2 people to meet Andrew at the farm in Langley to load the bales onto the trailer. Everyone else meets at the Track at 10:30am to unload and bag the bales. Our cost for the bales will be the same as last year’s.

Spero spoke about the new race track being built at Area 27
    A member has approached him to help host some track days in 2016 and has asked him to do a site visit before the work begins to provide some insight. They intend to break ground soon. Spero intends to speak to their president at that time to encourage some dialogue about possibly accepting some WMRC events as well. Spero would like to car pool with as many WMRC members as possible to show our interest and will make an announcement once he has a firm date, to get as many of us as possible to attend.

Adjournment:
    Meeting was adjourned at by Andrew Marles at 8:11 Seconded by Rob Shoemeyer The next general meeting will be at 7pm on April 13, 2015
    Minutes submitted by: Pam Black

2. jcathie

jcathie Member

Bios can be entered into their profile on TrackIntel and they kick a$$. Spero did his last year right off the bat. The announcers will be able to access them from TrackIntel on raceday.

3. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

Sweet! I won the Rider Bio race!! Is there a some kind of prize for that? Lol!

In case anyone hasn't read the Area 27 thread, there are 3 possible dates for the site tour:
    - May 10 (not likely but a possibility)
    - June 7
    - June 14

4. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

When the rules committee wrote section 15.18 the intent was to have a penalty determined at the time of the infraction based on circumstances. By defining the penalty as noted above, you have ensured that if someone is going to be late, they may as well not bother coming at all.

5. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

Btw, has the FLAGS chapter been updated?
    We need to have WMRC racing school students study and learn it.

6. ducatigirl

ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

And the intent of the adendum to the rule was to avoid a situation wherein multiple officials were being approached regarding the issue on race day to make a decision. The authority to impose the penalty is now solely the Referee's. IF there are extenuating circumstances, it will be up to the Referee's discretion. Regardless of the situation, contact your rider's rep asap so that he can alert the Referee.

7. Ryan Whittle

I can appreciate that you want it only in the hands of the referee, however by explicitly stating the penalty for first and second offences, you've taken away that discretion.

I like the idea of wearing this to riders meeting though...

[​IMG]

8. Dean Thompson

Dean Thompson New Member

Another option instead of a monetary fine for missing the riders meeting could be having to help with track set up/tear down. This sport is expensive enough without worrying about another unexpected fee. I spend approx $1,000 per race weekend (coming from Van Isle) so I'd be pretty angry if I had to pay an unexpected fine as well. Just food for thought before anything is written in stone. :2cents:

9. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

I don't get it. Miss the riders meeting, which is deemed mandatory, and miss the day. Why complicate things? We are all adults. Sure sometimes there are circumstances beyond our control, but most are totally in our control, and that includes leaving somewhere just in time to make it to riders meeting.

WCSS taught all the racers that I know since 2003 to show up at the track for between 7 and 7:30am to get ready, be prepared for riders meeting, etc. If you are there early, do like the rest of do, and be social until the meeting if your bike is ready to go. I say miss the meeting, miss the day.

10. Ryan Whittle

I don't disagree Dean('s). But there are some situations that can arise. One such example we contemplated would be the racer that perhaps had a bad case of Montezuma's Revenge and can't make the meeting until the immodium kicks in.

I really don't mean to stir up sh*t, I'm just saying that you need discretion in these types of scenarios so that the punishment fits the crime.

Sorry to cause a hassle.