Letter From The President

Discussion in 'Ask the Exec!' started by Ryan Welton, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Ryan Welton

Ryan Welton No..the other Ryan

The WMRC 2012 season is officially at a close now. While we had some peculiar challenges this season, overall it was a success! This success is due in large part to you, the racers, as well as our sponsors and tireless volunteers. With the shortened season, we really appreciate our sponsors contributions, as it meant that they got a bit less exposure to crowds this year. Our sponsors business relies on people like us to keep running, so please visit their shops and spend your money with them for products and service they provide.

Our sponsors for this season were:

Vancouver BMW Ducati
    MSpeed Performance
    SV Racing Parts
    Pazzo Racing
    Honda Center
    West Coast Superbike School
    Cascade Pools
    Inside Racing School

Our year end banqet was held at Newlands Golf and Country Club in Langley, BC. As always, Newlands put out a fantastic array of food. Special thanks to Ryan Whittle for being our Emcee for the night. Again, please remember to thank our sponsors for the trophies as they were responsible to procure them this year for the racers.

Thank you to all the volunteers for coming out to our races this season. Without you, we cannot run this show. This year, Tom Oates and Simon Field really stepped up and took on quite a bit more responsibility. John Cathie, thank you for all your tireless efforts in scoring and radio control. Ernie Baker won our corner worker of the year award, and not to diminish that, but all our corner workers are prized by the racers. I would like to name you all in a special thanks, but then this newsletter would be 10 pages long.

This year, our AGM will be held on Monday October 15th, at the Gilnetter pub in Port Coquitlam. Details can be found in our forums at http://www.westwoodracing.com/forums. Please come out and vote in your new executive for 2013. For myself, after 8 years of serving on the executive in various positions, I will be stepping down from the president’s position to make way for a new president with new goals, ideas, and enthusiasm to grow this club we all love so much. It’s been a pleasure serving you all over the years. I’ll see you all in the paddocks and at our Monthly general meetings.

Yours truly,
    Dean Drolet