Last round

Discussion in 'Racing at Mission' started by ducatigirl, Aug 26, 2014.

1. ducatigirl

ducatigirl Moderator WMRC Exec

32 sleeps!! It has been a great season thus far, the grids have been filled, the weather has been good (for the most part) and the racing has been amazing!
    But while things may look like they are running without a hitch, there has been a discouraging lack of volunteer support. Apart from myself, and the lovely Jacalyn Brown, there have been no consistent marshals. Twice I have had to interrupt the rider's meeting (gasp) to beg borrow steal any pit crew and or family members to help out. There was even one racer who marshaled for the morning, and raced in the afternoon. For those of you who don't know, we can't allow any bikes on the track until we have a minimum of 5 marshals, and that is bare bones. 5 marshals means that one marshal is watching 2 corners, and 2 marshals are watching 3 corners. I can only spread my enthusiasm so far, so if you, or anyone you know, is interested in helping out for the last round, please let me know! I can promise a free lunch, a great view and some major gratitude

2. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

I'll make announcements for volunteers at PMTD riders meetings on Sept 1st & 20th.

Thank you for all you do Pam!

3. ducatigirl

Thanks Spero!!

4. Steve M

Steve M New Member

Pam, I have at least one friend who will volunteer and will post for more at my work.
    What time should they show up?
    They will need training.
    Also, do they just tell the gate they are corner workers?

5. ducatigirl

Thanks!
    The safety meeting is at 8am in the registration tent, but it's helpful if they could be a little early.
    We do the training during that meeting and go over any questions new people may have. I generally have people pay at the gate and then reimburse them at the meeting.
    If your friend has any questions prior to race day, have them shoot me an email, pblack696@gmail.com

Thanks!