Ken Klaassen the mechanic has passed away

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by Eddie 59, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Eddie 59

Eddie 59 New Member

Hello all. With a heavy heart I'm here to say that long time Motorcycleworld mechaninc and long time friend passed away yesterday.
    Ken has been in the industry for over 30 years, he has forgotten more about race tuning and suspention work then any or us will ever know.
    He was the tuner and suspetion guy for Al Dick on his run for the Canadian supercross championships in the 80's.
    He taught so many good mechanics how to be better ones and taught so many guys how to be better men.
    He was a balck belt in Karate and owned and ran several Dojo's over the years.

He is survived by his 2 daughters and 3 grand childern.
    He was 64.

Now you have more time to ride Kenny. Go get that RMZ muddy. Goodbye my friend.

I'll post up more when I know the details of funeral arrangments, etc.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  2. stykman

stykman I can't recall

Great guy and a great mechanic. Thanks for the help and sponsorship through the years. Ride in Peace Ken, you will be missed by many.

3. tt600

tt600 New Member

for the short time of 2 years that i knew him.....class act guy,alway's helpfull when i would stop in to pick at his brain regarding my race bike.he will be greatly missed.still in shock this has actually happened.rest in peace my friend.

4. Eddie 59

Eddie 59 New Member

Services for Ken will be held Monday April 11th at 2pm at Forest Lawn @ 3789 Royal Oak Ave in Burnaby.
    If you cant make it by wish to say anything to the family, we have a couple of cards here at Motorcycle world in Surrey that you can sign and we will be giving them on the day.