July 2014 General Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'WMRC Meeting Minutes' started by Jaybo, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

WMRC
    General Meeting
    July 14th, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
    Ricky’s Restaurant, Langley, BC

IN ATTENDANCE:

Scott Borthwick, President
    Jason Hanson, Secretary

8 members

1. CALL TO ORDER
    President Scott Borthwick called the meeting to order at 7:12 p.m.

2. MINUTES
    ) That the Minutes of the WMRC meeting held on June 9th,
    ( 2014, be accepted.
    CARRIED

3. FINANCIAL REPORT – Jayson Lynch
    Absent, report not available

4. PROMOTIONS REPORT –Bruce Aylen
    Absent, report not available

4. NEW BUSINESS
    The decision on the Paul Chen, Race of the Champions has not been made yet. More information regarding this will not be available most likely until day of. This is not a WMRC class and would be run indepently and orgranized by Paul Chen and company.

Bruce was trying to get access to the containers to take inventory of the remaining medals that could be handed out to the kids on Bernie's track walk. We need to know if there's 30 medals available. Andrew will have a look and confirm. If there are not enough medals we should have stickers and lanyards available.

A new class "MotoTT" has been addded to the schedule. This race will feature "bracket racing" and is described as a class similar to Sportsman but for people who are a bit quicker than that class's 1:18 minimum laptime
    The rules include:
    Class is run to Formula rules and open to any motorcycle.
    Laptimes to be no faster than 1:15.00 and no slower than 1:20.99
    No Laptimers
    "No ultra fast guys" This class is not meant for front running Experts to sandbag a class for easy wins. The club reserves the right to deny entry based on past performance.

A reminder that pre-registration is open for the remaining 2014 rounds. Racers need to pre-register to avoid possible penalties! https://trackintel.com/ti/wmrc

Pam is trying to get ahold of Gio & Ron we are still trying to get the radio frequencies so that the new radios can be used. Andrew will be bringing equipment and trying to get the radio's to work on the friday.

We still need power for the timing and scoring building. A reminder to talk to Rob about bring cable and a prong so that the generator supplied by Bruce can be tied into the electrical panel.

The new program by Steve looks great.

4. MOTION TO ADJOURN
    Accepted by Andrew, seconded by John

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

so after all the talk about social members and a pending coup, 8 members attended? Good thing I was sitting down when I read the minutes...

3. bsa_414

bsa_414 WMRC Formula Classic Rep

LMAO. Coup? More like shooting fish in a barrel, with 2 execs and 8 members there... Where would the sport be in that?
    Sigmund Freud once said "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar". Seems you (and others) chose to see more to it that there is.

4. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

:behead

you'll never take me alive:saw:

5. Mike Thompson

Mike Thompson High Side Racing

Medal Count

Guys, I have been to the container and counted the medals. There is 32 of them. I was working with Bruce on this a couple of weeks ago.

6. Andrew Marles

Andrew Marles Moderator

Guess I miscounted, I thought there were 35.