July 1st, Mission Raceway Track walk led by Bernie Ryan

Discussion in 'Events' started by Jayson, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

It's happening again !!!

Bernie Ryan will once again grace us with his presence.

July 1st, 2010 WMRC Race Round #5

Bring your friends and family for a nice relaxing stroll around Mission Raceway while Bernie gives you some insight as what happens on track. Hear about corner speeds, racing lines, brake markers and more from one of the most entertaining people you may ever meet!!!

This event is always packed and it only happens once a year! This should be the busiest day of the year for a WMRC event. Come out and watch some fantastic racing, then take your bike out on track with our "Taste Of Racing" program, then enjoy Bernie Ryan's track walk at lunch!

Hope to see everyone out there.

2. Bernie

Bernie Ranter Extrodinaire

Jayson, you sweet talker you!

I know it's no big deal for racers, but the families, helpers and sponsors seemed to appreciate it. We'll get a few pros to do a lap while we're out there, they'll think you guys are gods!! And they are out of your hair for 20 minutes ;-)

It's free.....

3. Bernie

The WMRC is also donating a bunch of gate tickets so some kids from BC Children's Hospital can come do the track walk and see some racing. No reason why kids can't come for a stroll around the track as well, just thought I'd remind everyone.
    See you Thursday.

4. jcathie

jcathie Member

Hey, Jayson. If anyone in the track walk crowd wants to know more about corner working maybe they should get something with some contact information to take home with them. Something along the lines of free lunch, best seat in the house, on the job training with World Class workers, fun for all, no-stress/work your way up, etc. Just a sheet of paper with a quick build-up and how to get in touch. Run off 50 copies to hand out.

If any of the kids want to watch how timing and scoring works they can watch the first race after lunch with me, Bud and Suzy.

5. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

it's actually the second best seat in the house. Best seat is on a bike ;)

6. Bernie

we know your mug, show us a picture of Suzy :)

Good idea, info sheet, who knows, it's a good time to advertise the position.

7. Bernie

You're not supposed to be sitting you lazy bastard:devil:

8. Bernie

Are there any WMRC t-shirts, small and mediums, kids size??

9. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Bernie I have t-shirts with me in various sizes and I have programs for everyone who comes through the gate, the programs have the volunteer info inside.

10. Bernie

Cool, I can hand them out to anyone that asks, and I will drum it up all during the walk.
    John Cathie is in charge of reminding me and grabbing anyone interested in seeing timing/scoring for a race or 2.
    I am only looking for t-shirts for the little kids from the hospital, but if I had a few extras for the other kids, great, thanks.

11. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

I'll look and see what sizes I have, everything is in adult, so the smalls may be limited.

12. Bernie

Pacific Riding School has some t-shirts, but I can't get there.
    Anyone have a helper leaving early tomorrow from Surrey for Mission?

13. Bernie

Well, all in all it went very well. The kids from BCCH, Starlight Foundation, and the other kids big and small had a blast.
    Thanks to the other Bernie and Jayson for all their arrangements., John Cathie for the photos (big hit), Pazzo for stickers and wristbans (to you they're master cylinder wraps!), and EMS and James for t-shirts and hats to hand out to the kids. Everyone left with a huge smile and 2 goodies.
    They wanted to pass on thanks to the WMRC for kindness recieved.
    Cheers
    Bernie