July 11 and 12, 2015 Canadain Superbike in Edmonton

Discussion in 'Racing Elsewhere' started by Debbie, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Debbie

Debbie New Member

Edit date July 10-12

On the 35th anniversary of Canadian Superbike, they are coming back to Edmonton. To Castrol Raceway.

Very exciting to have the series come West. Colin Fraser was out for the first EMRA round at Castrol in July 2014.
    He was evaluating the newly built roadrace track for the viability of a National round.

Mark your calendars. Will post more info as it becomes available.
    Hope to see a good turnout of both spectators and volunteers.

A National race 14 minutes from my house. Sweet!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. DEFBOY35

DEFBOY35 New Member

JULY 10-12
    it is going to be a great event on a very fun track.

3. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

So guess who just got assigned Pro #57 for the CSBK races at Castrol!!

All you have to do is fill out the CSBK online membership application (it doesn't have an option for WMRC for racing organization so just click EMRA) then when it asks for license number put your number and then type this:(WMRC not EMRA).
    They ask for you to give 3 choices of racing numbers...I put 57, 157, 571 and they gave me my first choice!

I plan on racing my 600 in Pro Superbike & Pro Sport Bike and will try to represent!!

Let's get a bunch of us WMRC racers on the grids for this one!! I'm working on getting Ken & Bez to enter.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  4. ryno11

ryno11 New Member

That is AWESOME Spero!!!!! I'll attach some links for anyone else wanting to come out:

Membership form: http://www.csbk.ca/index.php/competitors/2015-csbk-membership-app-online-version

Rule Book: http://www.csbk.ca/images/competitors/2013CSBKRules.pdf

Provisional Number List: http://www.csbk.ca/index.php/compet.../302-2015-provisional-competitor-numbers-list

Entry Fee's: http://www.csbk.ca/index.php/competitors/info-for-competitors/339-2015-csbk-entry-fees

Spec Tire Details: http://www.csbk.ca/index.php/compet...ors/300-2015-dunlop-spec-tire-details-pricing

Of course any other info can be found at www.CSBK.ca

Also I have put up a video that I shot at Castrol at the final round last year up on the Westwood Facebook page.. gives you a good idea of the layout of the track.

5. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

Team BC race report for CSBK Rounds 3&4 at Castrol Raceway:

We had an amazing race weekend! I'm super proud of how well we did at the national level especially being our first time at Castrol and on Dunlop tires.

First of all here's our results:

QUALIFYING:

Spero:
    Sport Bike - 14th
    Superbike - 16th

Ken:
    Superbike - 14th

Bez:
    Superbike - 20th (was in 10th but got disqualified for fueling the bike in hotpits during qualifying)

RACES:

Spero:
    Sport Bike: Sat: 13th Sun: 10th
    Superbike: Sat: 14th Sun: 12th

Ken:
    Superbike: Sat: 15th Sun: 13th

Bez:
    Superbike: Sat: 11th Sun: 8th

We are so happy with our laptimes and results but we had some bumps along the way. Bez was 10th for the first part of Superbike Qualifying which got him in the Top Ten Shootout for the final grid positions but unfortunately got disqualified for fueling the bike in hotpit. It sucks because he probably didn't even need fuel but he just added a bit to be sure.

On Thursday practice my bike started cutting out while on the throttle. I thought it was the fuel pump so we changed it with one that Bez had brought but it still wouldn't run right, it turned out it was the Intake Air Temperature sensor and I was lucky enough to borrow one from CSBK regular Trevor Daley....thanks again Trev!!

All three of us had our shocks out of our bikes at some point during the weekend to switch to stiffer springs thanks to top level suspension help from Jon Cornwell of Ohlins and John Sharrard of Accelerated Technologies. These guys really know their stuff!
    Both Ken & Bez also had their fork springs switched to stiffer springs and their fork oil level reset. All of our bikes feel better to ride so it should be interesting to see our lap times at Mission on August 3rd. My guess is that Bez will get close to the lap record.

I personally was super proud of doing so well with my stock 600 against built 600s and Superbikes. It was funny, I was the only one with a stock muffler, stock chain/rear sprocket, stock master cylinder, stock brake pads and only a BMC air filter and thinner head gasket as far as motor work. If that wasn't enough I had the wrong gearing (too tall) but managed to ride around it and make it work.

I was also proud of going out for the 30min Superbike practice on Saturday and being the only one to ride all 30 minutes. I wanted to do a race simulation and to get as much track time as possible in order to get more comfortable with the track. I got into a rythym and did 21 laps straight and wasn't even breathing hard!

In the Sport Bike race on Saturday I was running somewhere in the top 10 with only a couple laps to go and suddenly the back tire started to slide. It felt like it was going flat so to be safe I pulled into hot pit and jumped off the bike to have a look. It looked okay so I went back out and rejoined the race on the last lap and finished 13th.

In both Superbike races Bez came flying by me from his 20th grid position...go Bez go!! I ended up behind Ken at some point in the closing laps and managed to get by him because he got tired...I told you that you needed to work on your fitness for this Ken!

The change from Pirellis to Dunlops, the suspension changes, learning a new track that was bumpy and sketchy in places was very challanging. Although we had a few moments, we are so glad we all stayed on 2 wheels because there were a few incidents that resulted in bikes being written off.

On behalf of Team BC a huge THANK YOU to everyone that supported us and to our awesome pit crew: Gail LaLonde, Steve Addison, Janet Addison, Cory Reppen, Steve Crevier, Lindsay Aliprandini, Cruz Crevier, Marybeth Harrison and an Edmonton guy named Will.

It was great to see all of our Alberta friends and our friends from the lower mainland that came out like Andrew Marles, Nick Furtado, Lorne Voght to name a few. We also had the pleasure of hanging out with super experienced Corner Marshals Debbie, Jerry, Ernie & Linda.