Jason Pridmore's Star School 2010 dates

Discussion in 'General Racing Chat' started by spero, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

GOOD NEWS GUYS!!!!!!!!

I have arranged for the club to get a $55US (+tax) rate at the
    BAYMONT INN in Willows,CA

for 2 bed non-smoking rooms.

This is the hoetl that Star recommends and the usual rate is $90US

I have set-up this rate for the club so that anyone from this club can get this rate.

Just call, give them the dates and ask for the Westwood Motorcycle Racing Club rate.
    My contact at the hotel is Elizabeth.
    http://www.baymontinns.com/Baymont/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=13581
    1-530-934-9700.

do not call the 1-877 number as this is the central resevation and they are not aware of the deal I have made with the hotel directly.

I have 2 rooms held for myself and those traveling with me.

2. Daryl

Daryl You're FIRED!!!

Hopefully see you all down there. Anyone have any extra room for bike and stuff,please pm me.

Thanks,
    Daryl

3. dammyneckhurts

dammyneckhurts New Member

A few tidbits for previous posters....

-Not many people seem to rent the garages, not sure why...

-Try to pit directly opposite the doors to the main building. This is where all the classroom stuff is held. The day is pretty much nonstop....walking 200 meters to and from your pit after every session cuts into your avaliable time for wrenching, hydrating, eating etc .

-Power is only available in a couple of spots in the general pit area, it's minimal....like 4-6 outlets total, no charge for these.

-For camping there are also RV pads that all have power, I "think" they charge for the RV hookup but thats pretty much a guess.

-We always leave our trailer at the track overnight, gates are locked at night.

-If you want to arrive and camp the night before the event (or drop off your trailer), you can only do so IF the the provider, (Pridmore in this case) pays for "night before camping" as part of his track fees. If he doesn't you can camp outside the gate the night before.

-Thats a good deal for the Baymont, take it! The only place thats nicer is the new Holiday Inn...but will be more $$$

-Jason "might' run the track on the afternoon of the second day backwards for all groups...it's amazing how different the track is in reverse!

-Lots of bottled water is provided

-The school is great, lots of good info and a great way to start the season. Other than Jason the only instructor that really moves is Damian (of the schools I have been to anyway) So if your a quick racer that knows your way around T-Hill make sure you hook up with Damien for your 1 on 1 session...the other regular coaches won't be able to keep up. (Maybe he has some faster coaches that work the Pro School ?...havent done pro school yet...)

- Gas is avaliable to buy at the track if you run short, there is an oil dump station also.

-There is a resident mechanic that rents a garage at the track and runs a small track side wrenching business. He is not there full time, but in an emergency he is very cabable with welding, straightning wheels, rotors, has a dyno at the track...etc, he is good with fixing bent-broken stuff but not cheap.

Thats all I can think of for now....have fun!!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  4. Schoey

Schoey New Member

Confirmed. Jimi Toth and myself are booked at the Baymont Inn and Suites from March 21-24 (departing on the 25th). Elizabeth was cheerful, but at the same time wanting a credit card #.
    Life is good!

5. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Just a reminder for those who are going to ride in the US, most travel insurance does not cover you while you are on the track. BCAA does have a "speed contest" rider that you can purchase fairly cheaply. I bought mine for $73, including travel medical, speed contest, $5000000 coverage, for 1 year, unlimited number of trips and up to 8 days away per trip.

If you are in the valley, I recommend BCAA on South Fraser Way, Ask for Laura Preckel. (Chris Preckel's sister.)

6. flippy

flippy New Member

7. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

Try bcsportbikes also. There's got to be someone on the fence about going but has no one to go with.
    I currently don't have any room in the van but I might be able to borrow a trailer.
    I'll keep you posted.

Hope to see you there!!!

P.S. If you have never been to Jason's School....YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE IN FOR!!! ONLY THE BEST RIDING EXPERIENCE OF YOU LIFE!!!

8. flippy

flippy New Member

I already have a post on bcsportbikes...just waiting...