Jason Pridmore's Star School 2010 dates

Discussion in 'General Racing Chat' started by spero, Dec 22, 2009.

1. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

2. Brett

Brett Twin Brothers Racing WMRC Exec

I'm in for March 22/23 at Thunderhill. Who's coming with me?!

3. spero

spero Team Modern Racing

Right on Brett!!!
    I should have added that I'll be there for all 3 days at Thunderhill.:thumbup:

Aren't you doing third day? Trust me, you'll want to.
    Lot's of drills, one on one, video and if you want to work on something specific. Also, driving 13 hours to get there I would want to make the most of it in terms of track time.

Who else is in for a little pre-season warm up?

4. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

I'm in too.

5. urquhart

urquhart New Member

I was invited along with the Twin Bros team. :)

That still in effect Brett??!!?? lol

I will have to check the leave board but Ill know pretty quick, Ive saved 60 hours leave so I am good there.

Ive saved about 600 so far for this, what is the estimated total cost of a trip like this? Ballpark is fine. Is it possible to do it for 1200 total? Just wondering as I have to do the overtime to have this money in place first, this is our agreement at my house for a bike trip. Seems fair, most of the season is credit card! Ive got to get a few more overtime shifts in, shouldnt be a problem...

6. Bernie32

Bernie32 Free Highside Demoes

...oooooh, if I go Sport bike i'll be in. May be back on Supermoto this year.

7. Amory

Amory Slow? What's slow?

Get a sportbike! That way you can be on the track at the same time as anthony, tom and me...on second thought...get a supermoto

8. Jimi

Jimi JIMI

Me and Rob are heading down in march. Lets go get a group going down

9. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

I will be bringing my trailer as well.. I may have one or two spots open. I'll know closer to the event. Dave, I would think splitting fuel and hotel, provided you don't go crazy with food expenses $1000-1200 should get it done for a 2 day school.

10. Jimi

Jimi JIMI

$1200.00 should cover me and Rob's beer:D

11. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

I'm totally in for that school! I seriously want to do the full 3 days!

12. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

You're killing me here, 3 days means an extra day off work and another $600US for the course, plus hotel and food. Thats $1100!!!!

13. Brett

Count me in for the 24th as well! Didn't realize there was an option for the third day. Fack this will be sweet.
    Hope Santa brings lots of cash this year, instead of that coal I got last year.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  14. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

" Dear Santa, I've been a very good boy this year!!! Please send several bags of hundred dollar, unmarked, non-sequential bills. Thanks, Jayson"

I just hope Santa brings me someone elses VISA this year, cause the cash is long gone....

I'm in for the PRO school as well...

15. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

I have officially registered for all three days .. now I just have to put the bike together and figure out hotels and travel. Keep in mind guys that there is only 20 (now 19) spots available for the PRO school.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  16. urquhart

urquhart New Member

I went through their entire site and wanted to know how we could get a promo code so we (I :) cause that is how I roll) could save some money.

I heard talk that we needed 8 to qualify for a discount, well 8 seems unlikely and on the site there is a blurb about how a group has to have a leader that pays upfront and a discount is possible. Well I love each and every one of you but I aint footing the bill, sorry. I called thier office a few times with no results but today someone picked up, she seemed really nice and informed me that the promo feature of their site doesnt work properly. She explained that a discount can be had as if someone buys 5 days the 6th is free (kinda like the old subway days but more money). She said if we did this to let her know and she will make sure everyone gets thier spots. Okay I said and thanked her, yadda yadda yadda.

To purchase a single day it is $350, to purchase both days at once is $600. Anyways buying 5 at $350 then dividing by 6 saves each of us a whopping $9 dollars. Think Ill save the hassel.

That all being said I am now registered for the 3 days.

The Thunderhill Website says they rent power, it isnt cheap but if it can handle all of us then it would be as cheap as the fuel for our gennies and we would all save the space and weight of bringing them down with us. I am looking into where our pits go and if we can utilize this option that the track has but I have no other information regarding that yet. They also have garages there and I do not know if you need to pay for that first then add the power, that would be to much for me.

I'll keep digging and if anything turns up I will post it up.

There doesnt seem to be much options for hotels there, I have been reserching them online from feedback left by travellers and I think this is going to qualify as 'roughing it' lol. I am leaning towards a place with a hottub though, think that is priority.

17. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Dave,

I keep meaniing to call the Baymont directly and see if they will match the $55 US that other local hotels are offering for racers. I like the Baymont best out of what I have seen but I'm not spending an additional $35/night if I don't need to.

I'm also wondering if we can leave the trailers at the track and what type of security there would be? I think that 3-4 trailers parked in an open hotel lot night after night may draw some trouble. Let me know what you find out, or I can call when I have some time, currently I'm working out Motorcycle show details and posters etc etc...

18. Wblairlayton

Wblairlayton Faster and Faster

:) Hi Everyone, I have been to Thunderhill many times,

You can definitely park trailers at the track, it has a locked gate at night,

The facility is great, you will have nothing but fun there,

They did allow camping last time I was there,

Call or email the track directly and they will give you the final word and details,

I was there with Tyson from Cascade and his Freightliner Sized Bike hauler and Pit compound, no issues,

Thunderhill is used to hosting multi-day events,

Have fun,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
    Blair

19. Brett

I'm booked for all three and ready to rock the pro school!
    Maybe I should have asked Santa for talent in addition to the cash.

20. Dean

Dean Just a beer league racer

Woot! I'm all booked up for the 3 days too! Now I just have to get the bike ready!