Jason Hanson # 19

Discussion in 'Rider Profiles' started by Bernie32, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Bernie32

Bernie32 Free Highside Demoes

Name:Jason Hanson
    Birthday:nov.26, 1974
    Place of Birth: North Van.
    Race Bike(s):1997 ZX7R
    WMRC #: 19
    Other numbers:
    Sponsors:CSE Automotive
    Team name:Twin Brothers Racing
    Years riding:10
    Years racing:started doing track days last year
    Why I started road racing: I wanted to improve my riding and really start using my bike the way you shouldn’t on the street
    My parents think… (Of me racing): They think it’s cool. Mom worries though, but she loves to watch
    Favorite Moto GP rider: Valentino Rossi
    Favorite track: Pacific Raceways, Mission second of course
    Favorite piece of track: turn 5,6, & 7 at Pacific Raceways, turns 4,5 & 6 Mission.
    Part of the track I hate the most: Damn turn 3’s. Mission and Pacific Raceways, haven’t really figured either out yet.
    Funniest track moment: Does breaking my brothers mirror off while passing him at Boundary Bay count? :roflmao: *Oh yah, that counts!
    Scariest track moment: sliding both wheels through turn 5 at Pacific Raceways
    I prefer this track condition: Dry!
    Goal this year: doing as many track days as possible, being faster, beating my brother Brett.
    What’s in my CD player: My Chemical Romance, AFI, System of a down, Queens of the stone age.. no Ipod here.
    If money wasn’t an issue I’d buy this bike: Cagiva C594
    If money wasn’t an issue I’d buy this tool: Air tools
    About racing (My friends would say I…): I’m slow. They’d probably say I’m stupid too if I wasn’t in the room.

Short Bio I’ve lived in North Van my whole life. I ride and race with my twin brother Brett. I work for the Newalta Corporation and I run the blending department, which means in short I make oil for a living. I just got started doing track days last year, I loved every second of it from the riding to meeting cool people. Now that I’ve got a dedicated track bike, I’m going to try to push my limits this year, improve my racing and just try to be faster. Finally getting a good drive out of turn 3 at Mission would be nice.

Attached Files:

• jh3.jpg
      jh3.jpg
      File size:
      40.2 KB
      Views:
    • jh1.jpg
      jh1.jpg
      File size:
      116.1 KB
      Views:
    • jh2.jpg
      jh2.jpg
      File size:
      51.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
  2. Brent 96

Brent 96 going nowhere...quickly

Another rider chooses the C594. :thumbup:

If I get one before you do, you're welcome to come over and sit on it. :D

3. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

deal!:bow:

[​IMG]

Beautiful!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  4. Ryan Whittle

Ryan Whittle Rider of Orange V-Twins

now picture that with Mission gearing :eek:

5. Bernie32

I don't think they make Mission gearing for that..... In fact with the exhaust problem you couldn't even photoshop anything big enough to bring the db level down below 90. Mission gearing would look something like this....'Do not shift into second.....":D

6. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

#800 for '08. The new bike is finished and just in time! Funny I bought some rains but it's looking like I need snows instead.. damn it!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  7. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

now in 2009:Wearing #19 and with Kimpex, Ipone & Imperial Motorcycles sponsorship

Attached Files:

• 19.jpg
      19.jpg
      File size:
      101.5 KB
      Views:
  8. Bernie32

Update 07/17/2010

Name:Jason Hanson
    Birthday:nov.26, 1974
    Place of Birth: North Vancouver.
    Race Bike(s):2006 CBR600RR
    WMRC #: 19
    Other numbers:
    Sponsors: Imperial Motorcycles, Kimpex, Ipone, CSE Automotive
    Team name:Twin Brothers Racing
    Years riding: 14 years
    Years racing: 3 years
    Why I started road racing: I wanted to improve my riding and really start using my bike the way you shouldn’t on the street
    My parents think… (Of me racing): They think it’s cool. Mom worries though, but she loves to watch
    Favorite Moto GP rider: Valentino Rossi
    Favorite track: Thunderhill, Mission second of course
    Favorite piece of track: turns 4,5 & 6 at Mission.
    Part of the track I hate the most: right now I’d say turn 9, I really need to improve my drive out of it.
    Funniest track moment: Does breaking my brothers mirror off while passing him at Boundary Bay count? *Oh yah, that counts!
    Scariest track moment: If I could remember it, I’d say being taken out at the end of the straight.
    I really dislike (General race wise): I really hate waiting to race on race day. I just want to get out there and get going.
    I think this would help at Mission: more publicity, more people have to know what about our racing.
    Are you superstitious and how: I’m a goalie, being superstitious comes naturally. Without going into detail there’s definitely some near OCD behavior going on.
    The hardest part about racing is: early mornings.
    I prefer this track condition: either dry or completely wet. No in between.
    The best thing I bought was: our home away from home, our enclosed trailer.
    Goal this year: To reach the podium again, To consistently drop my times by at least 3 seconds, top ten finishes in my races and in the points at the end of the year.
    What’s in my Ipod: My Chemical Romance, AFI, System of a down, Queens of the stone age, mostly rock & heavy metal.
    Favorite piece of gear: My boots, best deal ever!
    Who has helped you the most in your racing: My brother Brett and my fianc?e Jacalyn. Both have been great support, they help keep me positive, & their help with a quick tire change helped me get my first trophy class podium this year.
    If money wasn’t an issue I’d buy this bike: Cagiva C594
    If money wasn’t an issue I’d buy this tool: Air tools
    If you could ride a Motogp tack it would be: Phillip Island.
    If I could race another class other than what I do now, it would be: Middleweight or Heavyweight Twins. Seeing how Brett & I twins,I think we should qualify.
    About racing (My friends would say I…): Friends that don’t race would say I’m slow and need to go faster. Friends that race say I’m smooth, which I also take to mean that I’m slow and need to go faster.
    Short Bio: I was born and raised in Deep Cove, North Vancouver with my twin brother Brett who shares my passion for racing. I work for the Newalta Corporation in Deep Cove where where after many years I’ve moved into a cushy office job with A/C! I love motorcycles and racing was a natural evolution. It’s funny. I wanted to do it for years, but never knew how to get started. When I spoke about my racing dreams to friends who rode, they all said I was crazy and it couldn’t be done. In 2005 Brett found out about 5th Gear’s Boundary Bay track days and we got our first taste of racing there and we were hooked from the start. It’s work at the race track but I love pushing my limits out there, trying to go faster and competing with others and then having fun bench racing and laughing about the races afterwards. Racing with the WMRC has been a great experience from the start. Everybody has been great and we’ve made many friends. I actually met my fianc?e corner working at Mission, so in a way I owe a lot to racing at Mission. I can’t imagine not doing this, and don’t ever want to stop.

9. Brett

Brett Twin Brothers Racing WMRC Exec

He's still working on that drive out of T3

10. Jaybo

Jaybo if you want blood

That's what I've been doing wrong. Driving!