Insurance for US Events

Discussion in 'Open Forum' started by ctardi, Jan 29, 2012.

1. ctardi

ctardi New Member

Just curious about what everyone does for health insurance while at US events, and rough costs if you're able to provide them...

I have to look into my coverage through work, but have a feeling that it won't cover 'speed events'...

2. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

BCAA - speed contest - usually 35-40bux on top of my yearly fees

covers you for on track competition events. Only down side is if you need a heli-vac it must be preapproved, so make sure your traveling buddies know the number and make the call if you crash hard.... otherwise your looking at a very expensive helicopter ride to the hospital.

3. Simon

Simon New Member

BCAA trip guard, used it for years until my present coverage covers me. If your have a chance of winning money, contingency etc, make sure you get the pro one, otherwise the regular trip guard is fine. Its been a few years but it would cost me $30 a weekend and only had to use it once, food poisoning from Jack in the Box, $15000 US hospital bill, fully covered, :cool:

4. Jayson

Jayson Highside Racing

Last time I checked with BCAA, you only need the pro coverage if Motorcycle Racing makes up 51% or more of your yearly gross income.

Make sure to double check with BCAA when you purchase.

5. Simon

Simon New Member

Well things change, so they might have redone it, either way, its cheap insurance, :cool: